While we were down to St. George for Kim's graduation, we stayed in a hotel
with a swimming pool. Halle hasn't ever been a real "fish". She has always liked to play in the water, but swimming was a fear she has had for years, but especially after she almost drown in a lake a few years back. BUT.... after returning from an overnight school
trip, she kept telling us that she had learned to swim from one of her friends.....WELL, now we
wanted to see...............
This girl, surprised me when she jumped right in the 8' water and swam to the other side!!!!
She swam back and forth across the water. She tread water and had a great time.
After talking to her a bit, I understand her fear. Swimming in the pool is much different than swimming in open water, for one, the edge isn't too far away, but you can also SEE the bottom. I also have a bit of a panicking feeling when I swim in open water. I was proud of her for wanting to learn to swim, even if it was when she was 17. She may not be a super swimmer yet, but she can at least have fun in the "deep" end of the pool with friends and family know!
It was a great pool and we had a lot of fun just hanging out, splashing around and enjoy the summer
heat of St. George!





0 comments:
Post a Comment