Saturday, September 20, 2014

Summer Bucket List...Green Thumb....not so much!

One of my summer bucket list items was to plant an herb garden.
I thought if I planted it in pots I could bring the pots in when it got cool and 
have the herbs all winter too.....that would have worked just 
fine except........

they wouldn't grow!!! I planted basil, lavender, garlic chives, oregano, and something else (I can't remember what it was)....4 DIFFERENT TIMES and never even got a sprout. 
The garlic chives grew after I planted them 2x, but everything else did nothing. 

I guess I'm not an herb gardener.....BUT I  DID get these beautiful flowers to grow!
They decorated the deck perfectly. I vowed to try herbs ONE last time next spring and 
see if I can redeem myself~

1 comments:

Megan said...

I buy my basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary already as a plant at Walmart or any other plant store. They usually do really well. I haven't tried planting from seed before, but I think it's harder.