I became a mother-in-law for a second time, this past weekend. Todd was married to his sweetheart, Dana Asay, on Saturday. Dana is such a sweet girl and we are excited to officially have her in the family now. She and Todd planned the wedding the way they wanted it and it turned out beautiful. All of my family was there, and all of Deron's that could be there came. Our family is so supportive and great that way. They always support us no matter what we are doing. They are the best!!!!! Yes, as mother of the groom, I even shed a few tears. How could I help but not. (Isn't that what you're supposed to do at weddings and funerals?) We had a few rebels who gave the bride and groom's getaway car a make over. It was done up with all the fixings of chocolate syrup, rice crispies, oreo's, TP and popcans.
As they drove away into the night the pop cans that were so carefully tied to the hitch, exploded and let off a great show for those of us who were there to watch. We all laughed and just hoped that they were doing the same. As we marry off the kids, one by one, I feel a little older with each one growing up and moving on. It doesn't seem like we should be old enough to have married kids. But watch out, we will be coming to your kids weddings before you know it, they grow up and become independent all too quick. Todd and Dana are going to live here in Duchesne for now. Todd is working for Express Title and Dana is working for Western Land Realty. They are a really cute couple. Dana has been over to their house off and on for a week or so getting it decorated and putting a "woman's touch" on the place, which it needed desperately. It looks really nice and when they get home from their honeymoon they will have a nice place to live. I am excited to have another daughter in the family. I have loved having a son-in-law and I know that having a daughter-in-law will be just as fun.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I Do
I

at
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Please remove all the hideous pictures of me. Gross! Cute blog though. Thanks for the apology on teh crappiness. Believe me I've seen way worse from a lot more computer literate people. You do great. Hope things are good. Love you!
I thought the wedding and reception turned out great. Everyone looked great, even you Dayna, and I didn't see one hideous picture. Anyways like the new look, and are you making up for lost time!
Post a Comment