Thursday, October 2, 2008

Here are a few if my favorite things...


Do you have a favorite smell? I get those fun emails once in awhile that have those fun questions on it that you answer and send to your friends and they answer and send them back. They give you insight into each others lives?! You know the ones that I am talking about. One of the questions is: "What is your favorite smell?" After pondering and really thinking about it, I thought to myself, "I have a lot of favorite smells and the reason they are favorite's is because they remind me of something good in my life or they make me happy." So here are a few of my favorite smells:

1. The smell of the earth right after a thunderstorm
2. The smell of fresh cut grass on a brisk evening
3. The smell of fresh baked apple pie
4. The smell of a baby all lathered up with lotion and ready for bed
5. The smell of lilacs
6. The smell of roast cooking in the oven when I get home from church
7. The smell of clean sheets that have dried on the clothesline
8. The smell of new carpet and freshly painted walls...yep you've got it...a new house smell
9. The smell of a clean house
10. The smell of fresh baked bread
11. The smell of money (bills, not coins)
12. The smell of diesel exhaust
13. The smell of cookies baking in the oven
14. The smell of a christmas tree in my house
15. The smell of spring
That is just to name a few, and today I thought I would freshen my house up with one of my favorite smells...homemade bread. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

diesel exhaust??

suelyn w said...

Those are all great smells, I would say that diesel exhaust would be at the top of my list also. They say the best way to sell a house is to bake a loaf a bread right before you show it. I can see why it just makes a house a home!

suelyn w said...

By the way I should get you a recipe for baking bread in an hour, do you have that recipe?