
So our garden has probably seen its last veggies and fruit for the season. The weather is supposed to turn off cold in the next few days and everything is going to freeze. Our tomato's didn't do very well this year. I was able to can several things, spaghetti sauce and enchilada sauce, but I could have done a lot more if more tomato's would have grown. Our raspberries have just now started coming on great, so I am not ready for them to freeze yet. I would love to have them last clear through the winter (wow, wouldn't that be nice)...but not here, that's not going to happen. I have wondered why it is that I am so excited all summer to get the produce from my garden and then when it really starts to come on, I am going crazy and want it to stop, and then when its going to stop, I want it to grow some more. Do you do the same thing? I think that I get so overwhelmed with all of the produce and the canning and trying to do it all, on top of what I already have to do...you know that day to day stuff, like laundry, dishes, cleaning, yard work (mowing, weeding..etc..) and the running here and there with the kids, appointments and all of that...its just crazy. But I hate to let any of our bounteous blessing go to waste, so I wear myself ragged trying to do it all. But hey, isn't that what mom's are supposed to do?
1 comments:
I totally know what you mean Julie! We have an overabundance of food too and I hate feeling guilty about not using or canning every bit of it! Your raspberries look delicious though, I might have to come steal some while we are in Duchesne this week. :)
PS- I hope you don't sniff diesel exhaust often... haha. You are too funny.
Post a Comment