Years ago when my 3 older children were small (that's been a loooooong time ago) I made Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for the
m. They gobbled them right down and I lost the recipe and so I never made them again. Honestly, I never thought about it again until the other day when I was thinking of foods that my children liked when they were youngster
s, and wanted to write the recipes down to add to my new cookbook (volume #2) that will be coming out in the next 10 years or so (that's about how long it took me to do the first one). I looked and looked and couldn't find the recipe anywhere. So what did I do? Of course, I went to the web to hunt it down...surely they would have it there. I looked and looked and they didn't have the one that I remember making. I promised Halle, Kim and Cameron that I would make them some so they could try them out, after the long search for the recipe I just decided to find one that I thought would work and call it good. So today, being Sunday, I thought that I would try out my cooking skills. I looked at the recipe and found that we were missing one of the main ingredient (should have planned ahead), so I thought that I would just have to wait until t
omorrow and make them for Family Night Treats, BUT...Cameron came up with a substitution for what we needed, out of something that we had, and it worked awesome!!! So I guess you could say that Cameron made up this recipe, (which you'll just have to wait for the recipe book to get done to see what it is) and we made 100 "Peanut Butter Crunch Cups" from scratch. The kids said they were really yummy and tasted like the "real thing". And since I can't eat sugar...I will take their word for it. But they looked similar to the ones that I made before and I remember them being fabulous (not because I made them, but because they were my favorite candy...Reese's peanut butter cups). So now I guess that I've turned Cameron into a Martha Stewart wanna be too. (just kidding~ he is all boy). It was fun cooking with all of them and we had a great day and they had a wonderful time eating them up. We even pulled Erik in to be a taster of our creation too. Too bad you weren't all here and we would have shared...but alas you'll have to wait for the cookbook I guess. Happy baking!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
They were a HiT

at
5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Yum! I'm so jealous that you make yummy foods when I live so far away!
LOOKS DELICIOUS!!! I'm jealous! I'll have to make me some soon! So what was it that you had to substitute?
Post a Comment