Sunday, October 26, 2008

It REaLLy is the "LiTTle ThInGS"...that matter the MoST!



For about 8-9 months now the freezer on my refrigerator has refused to stay shut. Oh~ you can take everything out and then it will shut, but as soon as you open the refrigerator door and shut it, the air that comes up from that causes the freezer to pop open, ever so slightly, just enough that if you didn't know there was a problem you wouldn't even notice, just enough to thaw all the food on the door and everything in the front of the freezer, by morning. We have cleaned the seal off, we have completely emptied the freezer (thinking it was just too full) and then we have finally resorted to putting duct tape on the door to keep it shut. I am sure that if you came into my house and saw our contraption that you would be convinced that we must be serious about keeping someone out of the food, but be assured thats not the case, its just to keep the freezer shut and keep our food from being destroyed by the hours of air seeping in through the broken seal. After coming to the conclusion that this was how it was going to be for the duration of my fridges life span... and hoping that the stupid thing just died before I lost my temper and killed it myself, Todd and Dana show up for dinner today with a new little contraption that they found at the DI yesterday for a mere .85 cent!!! Its a child latch to put on the refrigerator door to protect children from getting in it (I guess), and having things fall out on them...(my children never got such luxuries, they just had to deal with falling objects). But it was so sweet of them to think of me in my hour of need (seriously...I was so thrilled) I applied the lovely little gadget today and~ wallah...the door is shut and I can open the refrigerator over and over, and the freezer stays shut!!!!  It's the neatest thing. I am so grateful for Todd and Dana for being so wonderful and thoughtful, I just love them! Not just for buying me a gift, but it was the thought that was put into it!!! I absolutely appreciate them. So...Todd and Dana, hats off to you both for being my lifesavers and such wonderful people in my life. I love you both very much!

2 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

That is SO awesome. That's so sweet of them to think of you. Too bad it just didn't break completely so Dad could buy you a new one!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness! well i'm glad it worked! I saw it and asked todd if it would work and we thought.. "maybe..." but we weren't for sure but for eighty-five cents we figured we'd see. So i'm glad it worked for you!!