Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deck the Halls!

Christmas is such a great time of year, I love it. The crowds, I could do without, but the rest of it...I wished I could bottle it up and make it last all year long. I went out to the city to get my Christmas shopping done over the weekend. It was crazy busy, but as I was leaving the city and all its rush, I saw the Christmas lights twinkling on the trees of yards and office buildings and it took me back to my life when all my kids were young. We would take an evening in December and drive around town or the city (wherever it was that we lived at the time) and look at all the Christmas lights that others had so carefully put up in their yards, on their homes and around the trees. Some were elaborate, some very simple, but it was so fun to hear the kids squeal from the back seat when they saw some they liked. "Mom, look over there, did you see that one?" and so on and so on. Those were great years and are wonderful memories. 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are soooo cute julie!!!

Jody and Jace Martin said...

Julie! I saw your blog on Dayna's blog....I found hers through Sharli and Randys. Funny...you find one person, and you find the whole town! Good to see you guys are doing so well!

nadine said...

Love your stockings and your blog. We have the same tradition, with driving around and looking at other houses. Domminiq loves it and is so happy when he thinks that he found the most houses. It is way fun. And I love Christmas as well, everything, song music, lights, giving, and the smell.

suelyn w said...

Cute stockings, I love the idea of having them match and then filling for grandchildren!

Unknown said...

Cute stockings!!