Tuesday, February 24, 2009

An AMAZING fAkE!


Leading the "thrilling life" that I lead, I was surfing the net the other night for recipes and found this recipe for "WINGER'S STICKY FINGERS" and "POTATO SKINS", I apologize to whomever site I found it on, I don't remember which one it was so I can't give them the credit (just know it isn't my original recipe). I have to say...some of the "Fakes" for different chain restaurants that I have tried over the years just don't quite hit the spot, but this one hit it square on the head!!!! If you love "Winger's Freakin Amazing Sauce" you will love this! Its super easy and so delicious! After telling the kids about the recipe, they kept begging me all day to make it for dinner. Honestly, I didn't think that I could get this 1 KEY INGREDIENT here at our local grocery store (as our store is small and sometimes limited in what they can carry), but to my surprise, they carry it, I was thrilled!!!!  Anyway... for the recipe...here it is-


Wingers Sticky Fingers

 Chicken Fingers, (how ever many you want) deep fried or baked, but the baked is better because it makes the chicken crispier
Sauce:
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
4 T. water
6 T. "Franks" Hot Sauce (it has  to be this brand)

Heat hot sauce, water and brown sugar in a sauce pan until all the sugar is dissolved. That's it for the sauce. If you let it sit for a little while and cool, the sauce will thicken up some. You can use the sauce for dipping or pour it over the chicken, which ever you prefer. Mix a little bit with homemade ranch dressing and it makes their creamy buffalo sauce....Very close to the original. 

Winger Potato Skins

I don't' know the exact measurements  for this one because you can do as much or as little as you want to for these~

Pre-baked potato's
cheddar/mozzarella cheese (grated)
bacon (cooked and crumbled to small pieces)
Melted butter
 Don't bake the potato's in foil, it will cause them to go soggy and you want them crispy.  Once they cool a little cut potato in half the long way and scoop out some of the center, not all of it because you want some potato left in...leave about 1/2 inch around the inside of the potato. Brush whats left of the potato with melted butter and broil for about 4 minutes (until its warm but not crisp) then add the cheese and bacon and broil again for 2-3 minutes (watch because oven times vary) and eat! Serve it with the sticky sauce or buffalo sauce or just plain ol' ranch! 

These 2 are by far the best "Fakes" that I have tasted. So true to the real thing....enjoy and let me know what you think...Happy cooking!


5 comments:

Loralee said...

Cool find. My husband loves Winger's sticky fingers - so if I can pull this recipe off he'll be a happy man!

Sommer Time Farm said...

My family loves Wingers-will have to try the recipes. Thanks for the post :-)

Jack and Daynalee said...

That looks SO good. We are definately going to try it!

Jack and Daynalee said...

I tried this recipe last night. It was SO good. Amazing. Jack loved it. He ate a huge plate of it when he got home from work at 12:30. It was so yummy!

Anonymous said...

that was so yummy! i can't wait till todd makes it for us next week :) lol