Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another year gone by...



Yes, we are having another birthday in our house. On this day (February 7th) 15 years ago, Cameron Mikal Wilkerson was already trying to make his way into the world. But my Doctor was out of town until the 8th, so I suffered in silence at home, hoping that Cameron would wait just one more day, which he so thoughtfully did. On February 8th Cameron came bouncing into the world. He was excited for life and didn't want to miss a thing. He never has liked to sleep because (I think) he was always afraid that something good would happen and he would miss it. Cameron is a lot of fun and is such a great boy. I appreciate his wit and his zest for life. Cameron gives me lots of reasons to love him...a whole bunch, but I am only going to share 5 with the world-


I love Cameron more than anything in the world because-

1. He is so thoughtful. He can always tell if I am having a bad day. So he spends time talking to me and trying to cheer me up. He does really thoughtful things all the time, liking running errands or helping me with daily tasks. He's just a really good kid. 

2. He is 15 years old and isn't afraid to give his old mom a hug. He is so affectionate and sweet that way. Not too many 15 year old boys will hug their moms in school, at the store, at home or anywhere else. He makes me feel important in his life as well as loved. 

3. He is so appreciative of things that I do for him. He always tells me "Thanks Mom, for dinner (or breakfast or lunch), it was really good." He thanks me for taking him places and for cleaning up after him. He is so sincere and grateful, it makes me want to be a better mom. 

4. He is a very hard worker. Last summer Cameron worked 3 jobs during the summer. He gives a job everything he has and then some. He never complained and some days he even worked up to 15 hours or more. Not to say that he wasn't beat when he got home, but he continued to get up each day and do what he needed to do. 

5. He is a family guy. He still likes to hang out with the family. He loves spending time with all of his sibings. He and Kim spend alot of time togther and he loves spending time with his married sister and his married brother, talking, laughing and just sitting around with them. He loves feeling like they want to spend time with him too. He is such a great brother, as well as a wonderful son. I couldn't ask for a better son.

Cameron is my Sun Shine. He makes me happy and helps me to want to live better. He is so much fun to be with and I enjoy spending time with him on "mom dates" or chatting in the kitchen or helping him do whatever. He makes life fun, he makes life great. He is such a special person in my life and I am grateful every day that he was sent here to earth to be my son, my sun shine!

Happy, Happy Birthday Cameron!!!! I love you so much!!!
  

2 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Cameron!
I remember that day he was baptized, cause it was the same day as Preston!
He is SUCH a cute kid and so sweet!
He always says hi to me whenever I see him =)

Anonymous said...

Cameron is so awesome!! He's so nice, outgoing and welcoming... it's almost like it could be my own little brother not just a brother in law.