For the kids birthday's I always let them pick what they want for breakfast and for their birthday dinner. Kim chose "German Pancakes" for breakfast (which we seldom have) and for dinner we had
"Fettic
cini Alfredo and Crab Wontons", which we only have on special occasions. The Alredo recipe I found on the internet and its called "Better than Olive Garden Alfedo Sauce". It is wonderful, althouth it comes with all of the nutritional facts and that is enough to sicken you on the spot. It is 1050 calories for a 1 cup serving (with the noodles) and it has 235% of your aloted daily amount of saturated fat....OH MY GOSH!!! Needless to say we just

gave Kim clogged arteries for her birthday, no wonder we are such good parents right?! (ha-ha-ha)Kimber wanted her all time favorite cake for her birthday, its the boxed white cake with colored chips in it, and the frosting to match. Then I added a little plastic shot needle, thermomter and stethescope (went all out on those cake decorations). And we all sang her a big happy birthday and sent her off to bed. She had a great day and a fantastic dinner. I added the recipe for all of you out there that don't get enough of your alloted daily fat intake. Let me know how you liked it, if you give it a try. It really is scrumptious....just not something you want to eat on a daily basis is all.
Better Than Olive Garden Alfedo Sauce
1/2 c. sweet butter
2 garlic cloves, minced (I just add one or its too garlicy)
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 t. white pepper (i just used regular pepper)
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
3/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese
1 (12 oz.) box fetticcini noodles
1. Melt butter in a medium pan over low heat
2. Add the garlic, cream, pepper and bring mixture to a simmer
3. Stir often (constantly or it burns)
4. Add the parmesan cheese and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens and is smooth
5. When sauce is thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. Stir Frequently.
6. While sauce is cooking, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.
7. Place pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta, serve hot
ENJOY!!!





4 comments:
it was delicious!!!!
Sounds yummy! I want the recipe for the won tons, I made them for the first time the other day and they weren't so great. How do you do yours?
You are quite the cook! I never cook stuff that exhotic! I need to take cooking lessons from you!
Wow that alfredo sauce could really hurt a girl huh? I am going to try it!
Cheese wontons with sweet & sour sauce, OH my they are heaven...
What a nice mommy you are =)
Post a Comment