Thursday, February 5, 2009

A long, long time ago...

I can't believe that its been 17 years ago that our bouncing baby girl, Kimberly Kay Wilkerson, came into our lives. She started out her life being a calm, content and happy baby. She is still that same calm, content and happy young lady. 

Some of the reasons that I love this special girl are:
1. She is such a
 peacemaker in our home. If she ever feels contention she try's to ease it by saying something to calm the situation or make those around her feel at ease
 and she just melts away the stress.
2. She is a family girl. Her best friend is her brother Cameron. She loves to be with her family (which is uncommon for a teenager) and loves just being home and hanging out with us.
3. She has a strong testimony of the gospel and lives it. She is a good example to me, to her family and to her peers. Kim lives what she believes and I love her for that. 
4. She makes me laugh. There isn't a day that goes by that this sweet girl makes me smile. She has the best sense of humor and spreads it all around.  
5. She is a leader. She doesn't go along with the crowd, she does just that, she leads.
She isn't afraid to say "No" I don't want to do that. And she is ok
with doing her own thing. 
....there are many reasons why I love her and why I am so happy that she is my daughter, but those are the only 5 that I am going 
to share. Kimberly, Kim and Kimber....(all the same) We love you, I love you and I am so proud of your good choices, your good example and your strength and courage. Thanks for being the wonderful, sweet and loving person that you are! 
Happy, Happy Birthday sweetheart!

2 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

Aw! I love this girl! Happy Birthday Kim!

Anonymous said...

YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WONDERFUL KIMBER!!!