If its going to go wrong...its going to go wrong to me! Many of you recall only 2 years ago I was the proud (not really "PROUD", but happy) owner of a brand new black Chevy suburban. From almost the moment we drove it off of the lot it was a "disaster magnet". On DAY 3, yes 3, someone door banged it and took it clear down to the metal. On DAY 5, oh yes 5, someone at my local grocery store decided my beautiful vehicle would look much nicer with a big "KEYED" mark down the side of it. And then throughout the course of our 2 year ownership it was in and out of the shop for various problems...constantly, if it wasn't one thing, it was another. Our previous vehicle (a van) was also a lemon, so I was beginning to get quiet a complex...another story, anyway... finally one day I went out to start it and of course it wouldn't start, well you would think "bad battery" right off wouldn't you, well the problem was that just a few days prior to this we had bought a new battery because it wouldn't start, so NO it wasn't the battery. I had had it! I called up the dealership, in Salt Lake, and told them I was bringing it out and needed it fixed. They gladly obliged, set me up an appointment and I left. LUCKILY Deron followed me in the truck because we just weren't sure the battery would stay charged. We stopped for a potty break in Heber, it died. Deron jumped it and off we went again. Every stop light I had to stop at...it would threaten to die (how humiliating)...the stop light just before I turned to go into the service department at my dealership, it totally quit. So I coasted in to the doors of the garage and jumped out and said..."Its your problem, now fix it"...(I was nice though). After waiting for hours the service people came and told us that it was just the battery. I think that I just about lost it. I proceeded to tell him all my "car troubles" and insisted that he dig deeper and find out the root of the problem. While he was doing my bidding, Deron and I went out and looked at NEW Suburbans, which after some figuring we decided to trade in the "Lemon" for this wonderful new gem of a car, that was 20 months ago. Our new white suburban has been wonderful...haven't had a bit of trouble with her, no door bangs or key marks (knock on wood) or any other problems...UP UNTIL LAST WEEK!!!! I know, your all saying to yourselves "those things happen"...yep, but really how many times do I have to deal with Murphy's law???? HONESTLY!!!! Cloee, (yes I name my cars, runs in the family...it makes me feel more..."attached" weird, I know!) was having the same "battery issues" as my last one. The battery won't stay charged, but then it will stay charged...this went on for a week and then Sunday it finally gave up the ghost. Wednesday we called "Roadside Service" (thank heaven for our warranty) and they sent a tow truck and hauled Cloee off to Price for a fixin. I was dreading the weeks that it might take them to get her fixed, but the dealership called the next morning and said the problem was fixed and we could go and pick her up. YES!!!!! I have to put a plug in for the great people in Price at the Chevy dealership there who fixed her so quick, and so far...(knock on wood), I think they actually fixed the problem. It was a computer glitch that caused the radio to continue to draw from the battery even when it was off (I think that was the problem with the other car too) and they just had to re-program the radio and re-set some things and we were good to go!!! I am hoping that "Murphy's Law" is done with me...and can move on ..."You've proved your point, Murphy.....I've learned to not take life or the things that I have in it, for grantide."
Saturday, February 21, 2009
"MuRpHy...and his LaW" are haunting me!!!

at
6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I sure hope that you can catch a break with the car thing....
I love your new page and colors, very cutesy! =)
I hate car problems too. I hope for your sake it is fixed. I love that you name your cars!
Yea! Glad that you Suburbans working again! I don't know you guys think that you've had some bad car luck!
I love how you name your cars as well. My son likes to name our cars as well. My husband had a old yellow Ambulance that he used for work. Well Domminiq helped him fix it up and named it rachett. I thought it was cute and it fit.
I hope that your car problems are done.
Post a Comment