Friday, February 20, 2009

Once upon a time....

It was 3 years and 4 months ago (even to the day) that we got another addition to our family...

Jack Wayne Ady
Although... this bundle of joy was much easier than the first 6 because I didn't have to give birth to him and then I didn't even have to raise him....all that was done. I just got the 
VERY BEST SON IN LAW IN THE WORLD!!! And I truly mean that! He really is the best! 
Today is Jack's  birthday and he is turning 25 years old!
Happy Birthday to you!
I am going to brag on him and probably embarrass him to no end, but mom's can do that on birthdays right?! (that includes mom-in-laws too) I love Jack and think the world of him!
And I am going to share just a few reason's why I do: 

1. He takes such good care of Dayna. When you see your daughters (and son's too) go off with their new spouse, all happy and oblivious to the world around them, you always wonder what will happen when the honeymoon wears off. Will they have a good relationship? Will they get along..etc.... Jack has always treated Dayna like a queen, before and after they were married. He loves her, he takes 
care of her, he is loyal and he's genuine. He makes her laugh and he makes her happy. They both think the world of each other and it shows on their faces as well as in their actions. He is a wonderful hubby.

2. He is a hard worker. Jack has always held a job. He gives his all and works hard to help make ends meet. He has held a job as well as go to school, which isn't an easy task. But he continues to support his family no matter the circumstances. He has had a variety of jobs, one of which he worked outside in California during the hotest year ever...it was 125 degree's and he never gave up but kept plugging along. He isn't afraid of work and he works hard!

3. He is a very compassionate person. He would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it, and he wouldn't even complain about it. He genuinly cares about other people. 
I know that he has given money to people on the street that need a little extra help. He isn't afraid of what other people will say, he does little things like that all the time, just because he thinks of others and doesn't judge them or their circumstances. He is very thoughtful that way.

4. He has a testimony of the gospel. Jack served a full time mission and truly loves the gospel. He lives it, he doesn't leave to question what he believes because it always shows in his actions. He is able to stand up for what he believes in and doesn't let other people persauade him into believeing something other than what he knows to be true. He is a good example to me and all of all of our family.

5. He makes others feel important. He is so good to spend time with family. One summer he and Dayna had some of Jack's younger siblings and some of our younger kids go out for a week at a time during the summer (at different times). He (and Dayna) spent time taking the kids hiking, swimming, out for a burger, to a movie....just visiting with them and learning more about them, playing guitar hero..the list goes on, but the point is, he made each one of them feel so important and cared about. Thats just how Jack is, no matter what, he makes sure that those he is around know that he loves and cares for them. 
Those are just 5 of the reasons that I love this guy...there are so many more. Jack really is the best son-in-law. I appreciate him so much and I really couldn't ask for anyone 

better to be Dayna's husband. I hope that our other 2 girls can marry someone just like Jack...but sorry, I think Jack will always be my favorite son-in-law...I don't know that anyone will ever quite measure up to him. 
Happy Birthday Jack...Have a wonderfulDay! 

5 comments:

Christie said...

Isn't that what we all want? =) For our kids, to grow up and be happy adults.... I can tell by Dayna's blog that they are great together and he seems like a great person!
Happy Birthday Jack!
Thanks for treating Dayna like the queen that she is....

Anonymous said...

That was nice, it really makes it all worth it when your kids are happy. Those two are the best! They just fit and I am so happy for them too! Happy Birthday Jack! We love you Dayna and am glad you picked such a good guy that makes you so happy!

Jack Ady said...

This is yellow journalism! You can't just smear peoples perfectly good reputation like this! What will people think?

Now I'm blushing. Thanks!

Jack and Daynalee said...

Happy Birthday Jack. That was super sweet mom.

Megan said...

Julie- thank you for your comments on my blog. You are so sweet! This was a great little tribute to Jack, I am looking forward to having children that I didn't have to give birth to one day also. Haha. I hope I like them as much as you like Jack.