Spring is one of my favorite times of the year (my other favorite being Summer). I love to play in the dirt, smell the dirt and plant things in the dirt. I have been trying to get the yard all cleaned up and looking nice..(no special reason other than I like order and being clutter free)...and planting the garden. I love fresh produce! Everything tastes better when you grow it yourself, even zucchini...yes, I love zucchini! Last Friday, I finally got the garden all
til
led and decided that I would get it planted. You know, it being Memorial Day Weekend and all, and that is when your supposed to get your garden planted around these parts, so I was just keeping up with the Jones'. I got the green beans planted, the beets planted and 2 zucchini plants in...and then it started to rain. And it rained and rained and rained. So I thought... Monday would be a great day to finish (still getting it in over the holiday, so I won't be behind everyone else) but it was so cool and rain threatened all day, so I didn't get it done UNTIL yesterday! But I finally got it all planted and I am excited to see it starting to grow. My peas have been up for a
couple of weeks now, as well as the spinach and lettuce. We hope here in a week or 2 to have fresh salad from the garden. I think that growing things is therapeutic for me. Its a stress reliever as well as a relaxing thing for me to do. So...I spend as many hours, minutes and seconds that I can in my yard...puddering around the garden, the flowers, working the lawn and yes...even pulling the weeds (that is my least favorite thing to do in the yard), but they have to
come out. If I stay on top of them and keep them pulled, it seems to save me from having to stress when they get bigger and get away from me, causing all kinds of havoc. But for the time being, I am enjoying my time outside and away from the inside chores that bog me down all winter (they do that in the Summer too, I just have to ignore them a little bit more). We also have several fruit trees, a peach, apricot, 2 apple, a cherry and a plum. I went out and checked them the other day and was shocked as to how many little pieces of fruit that they have coming on this year. I guess if they produce like they are looking like they will, we will have ALOT of fruit...and I guess that also means...ALOT OF WORK! (I don't like that part either...gosh I am picky when it comes to FUN...huh?!) Its going to be a great summer, full of sunshine and rain, plants and weeds, the good and the bad, picnics and work...but whatever it is..I am just going to suck it all in, breathe up every last bit of it, because winter comes WAY TOO FAST for me, so I'm just going to enjoy it ALL while its lasts!!!!!!!





3 comments:
Oh I wish I had a garden! I always think it looks so fun! (until I have to weed or do anything with it) and I'm SUPER excited for all your fruit so we can CAN! Yay!
Ditto. Although I would love to have the room you have and the trees!
I am jealous because we moved and don't have a garden anymore! :( All your plants look wonderful.
Post a Comment