team for Duc

hesene High School, she a member of that great team and me as the coach. It was a neat experience that we both treasure, not really the winning (that was fantastic as well), but the time we got to spend with each other. She lights up my life and can bring a smile to anyone's face. There are so many reasons that I love this beautiful daughter of mine...but I am just going to share a few:
Dayna has always been close to her siblings. Even as a teenager she would stick up for them when someone was picking on them. She's always reminded me of a mother bear...if any
one got to close or made fun of them and she felt like they were a threat, she was right there growling at them, doing whatever it was to protect her brothers and sisters. She wouldn't let anyone say or do

anything to bring them down. She is still like that. She is a wonderful big sister to each of them.
She is so thoughtful. In elementary she used to make me Christmas and Mothers Day gifts and when she brought them home she had such a hard time waiting until "The Day" came around to give them to me, she was just so excited. She's always doing sweet things for others and remembering special days. She makes sure that we all know that she loves us.

Dayna is a super hard worker. She hasn't always LIKED to work, but whatever she did, she gave it her all. When she was younger she hated to clean the bathroom, but she always did such an awesome job cleaning it, so it became her Saturday job. No matter how bad she hates

it, she still works her tail off doing
what has to be done and doing a great job at it.

Dayna is a good example. She has a strong testimony of the church. She has always stood up for what she believes in. I didn't worry when she went away for college that she would get messed up with the wrong crowd (for one, she was rooming with wonderful people who had the same values as her also) because she knew that she didn't want that way of life and she put her foot in the right direction. She always follows her dreams. When she was little she used to tell me that she was going to try out for Homecoming queen, when the time came and she was old enough...she did it. She wanted to tryout for Miss Duchesne County, she did it. She loved the experience of trying new things. She always knew that she wanted to marry a return missionary in the temple, and that's exactly what she did.


She is strong minded and strong willed and sets a great example for her family to follow.
Dayna is so sweet and kind. She always thinks of others and helps out when they need it. One time we were out shopping and we came to a stop light where there was a homeless man with a sign that said "Need help, anything would be greatly appreciated". Dayna told me not to go any where and
she started digging through her purse. Then she jumped out of the car, ran over and gave the man some money. I was really touched by her thoughtfulness and generosity to someone that she didn't even know.

She got back into the car and said, "Mom, its not my place to judge him, I just wanted to help him out". (or something like that, I don't remember her exact words). I just sat there in silence thinking about what a wonderful person she was and is. She is always doing kind things, saying kind words and NOT doing it for people to look at and say "WOW, LOOK AT HER", she does things like that because she really cares. That's just her personality. She is an amazing person.
I believe that we knew each other in heaven and were even close way back then because I feel like we have known each other forever.
We are best friends as well as mother and

daughter. I don't think that it was chance that she came into our family. She is such a ray of sunshine in my life. I am thankful for this wonderful, sweet 23 year old daughter of mine and don't know what I would do without her!
Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Girl!
I love you more than you'll ever know!
3 comments:
YAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAYNA!!!
How cute! You are a wonderful mother Julie! Happy Birthday Dayna! I remember the Easter I was about to turn 12, Dayna was the only other person from my class that came to do the Easter egg hunt, I was so happy her birthday was in the summer because I felt like a dork until she came to do it too! Haha, that's random but it's how I learned her birthday is close to mine! Dayna is one of the sweetest people I know.
She is an amazing young woman and Julie, you did a Great job! We love you, Dayna, Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment