Sunday, July 19, 2009

Its A knock off...

As many of you out there, we (the girls) love to go to The Olive Garden. But since there isn't one very close (within a 10 minutes range) and its a little pricey, we don't go as often as we would like, to partake of their delicious food. But the other day I was surfing the internet and looking for recipes and I came across a recipe for Olive Garden Salad and their yummy dressing (sorry I didn't remember to get the site address...I will try and remember to do that so that I can give them credit next time) that goes with it. I was having problems with my camera and so I didn't get any pictures, so you will have to use your imagination to visualize this yummy dish! On a scale between 1-10...I give it a 9. Its not exactly like The Olive Garden's but its a really close match. Try it out and let me know what you think of it...I'm curious if everyone else likes it too.


Knock off...Olive Garden Salad and Dressing

Salad-
1 large head of lettuce, leaf (I don't like Romaine so I used red leaf)
1/2 red onion, sliced
whole black olives
4-6 Peperoncini Peppers (the hot hole peppers that you find in the salad)...buy them by the pickles at any store
3 tomato's, cut in quarters
1/2 c. croutons
freshly grated Parmesan cheese ( I just used some of the Romano cheese that we used in the dressing)

Dresssing-
1 c. mayonnaise
2/3 c. white vinegar
2 tsp. vegetable oil
4 T. corn syrup
4 T. Parmesan cheese
4 T. Romano Cheese
1/2 t. garlic powder- or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 t. dry Italian dressing from the package
1 t. parsley flakes
2 T. lemon juice

Mix all dressing ingredients in a blender until well mixed. If this is a little too tart for your taste, add a little extra sugar. ( I didn't...we thought it was just right)

Add the dressing to your salad and enjoy!

2 comments:

suelyn w said...

yum! I will for sure be making this. Happy late Anniversary, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

The Mortensen & Peatross Family said...

oh I love olive garden salad thank you thank you