Friday, July 24, 2009

Many hands make light work....

A lot of rain, hot temperatures, 2 able bodies (for 7 hours) and 3 more able bodies for the rest of the time, equalling 8 straight hours of weeding...and what do we get......




...a garden that looks like we have a real "gardener"!
(you know, the kind that you hire to keep your yard looking in tip top condition all of the time?...No we don't have one of those, but for just a minute it looked like we might!)

I should have taken pictures before we weeded so that you could appreciate how it looks now. Honestly, there was no telling where the plants were and where the weeds were, it looked like one solid weed patch. Over by the fire pit/picnic area was completely covered with weeds. The kids thought that we had sent them to a prison camp when I told them we were weeding for Family Home Evening....(you see no one who abides so strictly by the laws should be punished in such a harsh way, that's child abuse...don't you know) Halle and I had spent the day outside weeding and there was still more to do, so Family Home Evening sounded like a great time to get it finished up. After it was all done and the weeds were banished and disposed of, we took advantage of being able to see the fire pit again and we roasted marshmellows and made S'mores for refreshments. All in all, the kids didn't complain TOO much. I will have to say~ that they were troopers and tried to put a smile on and dig right in... but I would be lying if I said that they were thrilled and excited and loved pulling all of those weeds...BUT the end results made the journey well worth it....at least it did for me!!!!

3 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

You can send them my way to help with our weeds. lol

Jack and Daynalee said...

That really does look amazing compared to what it did look like. You really should have taken before pics. Glad I no longer have to deal with the child labor. Poor kids.

Becca said...

Beautiful!!! You know, the way my garden looks is almost as fun as the food I get out of it. I love to keep it looking nice...but a gardener would be very good!!