Its been a "tradition" that my girls get to start wearing make up in the 7th grade. They've each waited for their 12th birthday to come so they could get make-up and start playing around with it. But it isn't until they start school that they get to wear it in public. A coupl
e of weeks ago, Halle asked me to do a "make over" on her and teach her how to apply make up, what colors to wear, what not to wear...you know...the usual "girl make-up things". We sat her down in a chair and got out different colors of eyeshadow, lip gloss etc...trying a few differ
ent things. We tried a dramatic look and a not so dramatic look....and decided that the "not so dramatic look" was more "HALLE". She's been playing around with her make-up since her little make-over and has figured it all out. She still isn't totally sold on the idea of the make-up thing
yet, only because she said she doesn't want people to think that she is playing dress-up, or have it look like she is... I think she looks cute and I am positive that she will grow right into loving it...my other 2 girls did, I can't imagine that Halle will be any different. Another change that she's decided to make this year is.... she wants to grow her hair out long. She got Deron's naturally curly hair and she wants to see what it would look like past her shoulders.... Gosh...they turn 12 and get their own oppinions and ideas...whats that all about!?! Its hard to believe that she is the last- of the last. I won't get to do this again...no more firsts in the make-up category for me...this is it!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Make overs and growing up~

at
4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
She looks so beautiful! You are much nicer than me- I told Shantell she couldn't wear it until she was 14- 1 more year i guess...
You are lucky that she is just now getting an opinion on how things should be! My 5 year old tells me how it is. I like to downlow look too, more natural and beautiful! Can I come over for a make-up lesson, it would be my first!
HALLE LOOKS SO CUTE!!! :) I couldn't wear make-up till i was in 8th or 9th grade! LUCKY HALLE!!! I like the more natural look too! That is fun that she wants to grow her hair out... i've been trying to be patient with mine lately cuz i want to grow it down to my hips but i am sooooooo ready to chop it off!!! lol! and i'm not quite 2/3 as long as i want it lol
Halle looks very pretty with her makeover!
I remember sneaking makeup to school in 6th grade, I couldn't wait for 7th to wear it, lol
Post a Comment