Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September MOURN....


I think Autumn is officially here...at least all the produce thinks so. My tomato's have been so slow coming on and so I haven't been able to even eat very many...BUT today as I was roaming around the garden, I saw that they are all turning red at the SAME time! So I need to get them all picked and get canning (oh you all KNOW how much I LOVE THAT...NOT!!!!!!) The raspberries are coming on full force (already made 1 batch of freezer jam...and raspberry freezer jam is the BEST!) and our cute little peach tree (it really is little, only 2 years old) is loaded with peaches. Probably only enough to eat or make a little bit of jam, but regardless, its got alot of fruit on it. Our Plum tree has finally got some fruit on it as well, not very much but it will give us all an opportunity to taste whatever is there. In a couple of years, if the trees keep going like they are, I might have to hire some "happy help" to come and help me pick, wash and bottle everything...and help me to be "happy" during the process. I just have a hard time looking past all of the work! Having summer coming to a close saddens me, it almost puts me into a grieving state of mind, not that I don't love Autumn because I DO, but because that means that winter is right around the corner and I despise WINTER!...so if you see me laying in my yard, doing nothing else but soaking up the rays...its just because I am trying to "preserve" them to help me make it through the winter...you know- get my "bottling" of sunshine done, Hey that sounds like more fun than bottling veggies and fruit...doesn't it?! At least it does to ME~

1 comments:

Megan said...

I think bottling sunshine sounds WAY better than bottling food!! Haha. But I can't believe how nice your peaches look, I hope we can someday have fruit trees and all that stuff! I do love sewing, it is very relaxing and so rewarding to look at the stuff afterward. I definitely want to keep doing it.