Sunday, August 2, 2009

ThE "TANK"!!!

Erik is my one child that has always loved animals, creatures and things that creep and crawl. He was always bringing home lost, homeless animals, birds, and strays. I remember one time when he was about 9-10 years old, he was down at the fair grounds...I think to go fishing...and he came home with a rooster. It was pretty mangy looking and was missing feathers sporadically over it body. Erik begged and begged us to keep it. Finally we relented and let him put it in a cage outside and told him that he could keep it if he fed and watered it. Well, it wasn't 2 days later that we noticed that the rooster had LICE...and so did Erik! It was awful! Erik got his head shaved bald, a massive dose of RID and we hauled the rooster off and "took care of it". After that, Erik didn't bring home strays, but always begged for this pet or that pet. He had Guini pigs, rabbits, parakeets, kittens, puppies and even a salamander. Lately he has been wanting another pet...a Doberman Pinscher. He has talked about it often and said how "one day" he was going to get one. I guess an opportunity arose and his "one day" came. Yesterday he brought over the cutest little Doberman puppy. We all fell in love with him. He had quite the funny personality. We all cuddled him, played with him, made him chase sticks and wore him right out. He fell asleep on the grass with his paws over his eyes...(he put them there all by himself ) AHHH..isn't he so cute!. His name is "TANK"...which is a big name for such a little guy, but I have no doubts that he will grow into it before too long. Erik was just like a proud parent, showing him off to his family and friends. He is really good with animals and I know that he will be a good "dad" to baby Tank.... I am excited for him and that he finally has his dream dog!

3 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

What a cutie!! I remember driving my mom nuts about animals when I was younger and having quite a variety. To this day I think I drive John nuts cause I want chickens or a rabbit. He makes fun of my dog I rescued, but I think he loves him too.

Becca said...

Holy smokes! That is one cute dog! Great pics! He will love that one!

24/7 Dance Company said...

it's soooooooooo cute!!! i haven't seen it yet!