Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Mom AnD Me DaTes"~


A long time ago....a way back...when my kids were all young, I told them that when they finished reading the Book of Mormon I would take them on a little "date", just the two of us. They could pick where we went and what we did. Some of the kids have been able to finish reading the Book of Mormon really fast and have even got to go on several "Mom and Me Dates", others have taken a little longer and are just now getting to go. Either way, I am thrilled when they finish no matter how long it takes them to read it. Kimberly finished reading it a month or so ago, but we haven't ever had time to plan our date. FINALLY, we got a day and time set and I anxiously looked forward to having a fun time together, just her and I. She decided that she wanted to go to a movie and out to eat at Cafe Rio (no complaints from me!). As the week went by, I found myself getting more and more excited to just go and spend the evening with her, no matter what we would been doing. As soon as she got home from work last night we hopped in the car and off we went. We talked all the way there...about anything and everything. About life, family, her future...we just talked. Its always fun to spend time with my kids, and I treasure any and all times that I get to do that. But I especially like the times when I get to have them all to myself, the little moments when its just me and one of them, and I get to know them personally~ a little better. Those are special times for me ~times that I hold very dear...and this was one of those times. I have wonderful children and I feel so blessed to have each one of them in my life.

"Children are a mother's anchor to Life"

1 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

You're such a good mom! I hope I can be as good as you!