Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hunting and Homebodies!

Deron has only gone hunting a handful of times since we've been married. And I mean JUST a handful of times (like 3x at the most). But Cameron, being the adventurous boy that he is, convinced his dad- one of his grandpa's and one of his uncles, to go deer hunting. They planned it all out, knew where they wanted to go and got all packed up. The girls and I, being the homebodies that we are, decided it would be a good night for a PIZZA PARTY and to watch a movie. We love hanging out anyway...but now we were the "Deer Orphans", it was a good excuse to live it up. So we made little personal pizza's with refrigerator dough and watched my favorite family Halloween movie, "HOCUS POCUS"! We have watched it every Halloween since it came out and its now a family tradition. We had fun "girl time" and then we went off to bed. I worried all night if the guys were going to be warm enough, if they had enough food, if they would remember to wear their orange, if Cameron was well enough to be out and about, (he'd been a pretty sick boy for 3 days prior to going)...and last but not least, if I was going to HAVE to eat venison!...Luckily, for now, we don't have to worry about that one- no body had shot anything yet!....BUT- as I've been reminded....its not over YET!

2 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

How fun! I wish we lived closer and I could send my hubby out to hunt with them and we could be deer widows =( Looks like you guys had a great time!

Sommer Time Farm said...

You are so fun-you always have great ideas to make things fun! Hopefully they are like John and turn up empty handed for your sake=)