Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Planes, trains and AuToMobilEs..oh my!


It was 10 months ago that Erik placed an order for his DREAM CAR....A SHINY BLACK Camero. He had dreamt about it, pondered over it, stressed about it and designed it just the way he wanted it to come directly from the factory. I thought that in the end...things wouldn't work out for him and that he wouldn't be able to get it....BUT, they were able to approve him for a loan and delivered his car on Friday....turning this grown man into a "little kid at Christmas time", bubbling over with excitement and thrill, he just couldn't quit smiling. It's a really nice car with alot of awesome features inside. I got to go for a ride in it and Erik proceeded to test my "speed tolerance" as he went from point A to point B in a matter of "split seconds"...lets just say that I prefer to be on all 4 wheels when I am on the road...flying is for airplanes. Deron got to ACTUALLY take it for a drive, getting to be the MAN behind the wheel with all of the power. He too was infected with the "smiling disease"...he said that it was the funnest car he had ever driven, grinning ear to ear. The Camero rides really smooth and it makes you feel like you are KING over the road. BUT...I have to say that MEN like expensive toys and I don't think that they ever outgrow their thrill for fast cars. Although, Erik is a really smart driver, cautious and careful, and I don't think that he will be "flying" much...he just had to test his wings a bit to see what his new car will do (at least that's what he's assured me). It's a fun ride. It looks really sharp and classy and I think Erik's going to have a lot of fun in it!

1 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

Good for Eric!! I was just telling John at dinner tonight that if I ever got a car, that would be the one. He just laughed and asked how I would fit my boys into it. So I might have to admire it a little the next time I see Eric.