Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Sweet 16"....and only been KiSSeD OnCe?


Cameron has waited for what seems like "forever" to finally turn 16 (or so he says). I don't know if its the driving or the dating that he is more excited for.....(oh to be 16 again!) He got to go to the DMV and get his license ON his birthday, come home and DRIVE his truck to wrestling practice...he couldn't have been a happier boy. He has been driving alot with his dad and has alot of hours behind him, so I know that he is a good driver. For Cameron's birthday dinner he wanted steak...now for some of you that sounds easy enough...for ME on the other hand, it is not. We had beef in the freezer that we had bought a while ago, so the "buying" part of the meat was already taken care of...but the cooking part, well lets just say...I DON'T like steak and I don't cook it very well. So I browsed the Internet and found some different ways to cook this "lovely slab of cow flesh" in hopes to please this sweet teenage boy of mine. Since "Fillet Mignon" was the cut of steak that I pulled from the freezer, that was what I was going to tempt to cook....I know, tell me I am crazy...I KNOW its an expensive cut of meat and I was very fearful that I would blow it...and we would have "cooked Jerky" instead. To make a long story short, I amazed myself (and I think everyone else for that matter) and made a very tasty STEAK for my birthday boy. It was nice and juicy and tender and YUMMY! Cameron also wanted "Pineapple Upside down Cake" for dessert...another thing that I HAVE NEVER cooked (because I don't like it)...but it turned out delicious as well. Cameron is a sweetheart. He is one of the kindest, most thoughtful people that I know. He has a second sense and can feel when I am troubled or sad and always does his best to cheer me up. He is a great cook and wonderful at helping do chores around the house or in the yard (he prefers the great outdoors)...and will make someone a great hubby in the future...the LONG OFF future.

I love you Cameron...you are smart, so genuine and fun to be around.
You make me smile...you make me happy...
You are full of energy and zest!
Happy 16th Birthday Buddy!!!

0 comments: