We waited in the waiting room as our minds were left to wonder and WANDER. We were told by one of the other girls mothers, who's daughter was also in the accident, that Kim was okay...scraped up, but okay. BUT for me...that wasn't enough, I wanted to see her for myself. To touch her face, to hold her hand and be to with her. Waiting only made things worse as I thought of all the "what if'" and possible scenarios of what might be taking place behind those closed doors. BUT I was grateful to know she was alive. I couldn't help but feel like angels had been with her on this day and watched over her as she rolled in a vehicle, smashing it to pieces. When I was finally able to go back into the emergency room Kim was still back in x-ray, so I waited and paced the floor in her hospital room. A police officer came into her room and talked to me for a little while. He told me that if the girls hadn't been wearing their seat belts, they wouldn't be alive.
WOW!!! Hearing those words come from the mouth of a man who sees accidents like this more often than he would like to, sent chills down my spine and brought more tears to my eyes. I started to think about how my doings at that very moment could be so, so different. I could have been mourning the loss of my little girl, holding her cold hand instead of waiting to see her scraped up face and warm body being wheeled back to her room. We could be planning a funeral instead of a graduation party....it's 
all so surreal. I cried and said a prayer of deep gratitude, thanking my Heavenly Father for the blessings that I have and especially for my wonderful daughter, Kimberly. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. I have no doubts in my mind at all that Heavenly Father blessed Kim to be able to still be with us, it wasn't her time to go. Life is always full of change and uncertainty...but today I am so grateful that my little girl is sleeping in her bed, that I can look forward to hearing her laugh in the morning, to see her smile and that she is still here with us. I feel so blessed that I get to have another tomorrow with her.
I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is such a special part of my life, as are each and every one of my children. Each one of them holds a special place in my heart. Kim has always been such a sweet, "fun" girl...from the time she was just little she has brightened the lives of everyone in the family. She has a corky, fun sense of humor, a smile that lights up any room and a deep love for others. She is patient and thoughtful and is a joy in our lives. She is a blessing in the lives of so many people and I feel so humbled and so very blessed to still have her here with us....I am once again reminded to "enjoy my children more each day- and to the very fullest, don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy the little things they do just a little bit more, don't take any moment for granted and hug my children a little harder today-and even a little longer and most of all...to be more grateful for my children.
I am a very blessed mom today and so happy to have my daughter here!








8 comments:
We are so glad everything turned out the way it did, its a very grim reminder of how short and uncertian life really is. But also a reminder of all of the blessings that we have and your family, each and every one of you, are some of our greatest blessings, we love you all!
Julie,I also didn't sleep much last night. That was the "call" that all of us fear and dread everytime the pager goes off. I am so happy that things went as good as they did. I agree with the UHP, it could have been so bad and most certainly would have been, had they not been inside the car. What a blessing to our little town family. I am so thankful they were watched over and kept safe, so glad..... Thank Heaven for those 4 little girls, it was heaven that kept them here!!!
Oh Julie, I am all choked up and im am so grateful that the girls were okay, Events like this should make us all think, hug our kids a little tighter, remind them to wear their seatbelts and tell them how much they mean to us!
{{{HUGS}}}
Julie I am so glad Kim and the other girls were not hurt badly. What an experience right before graduation!! Reality is tough to take at times, makes me realize even more that we can't control things. It's so hard to let go of your kids so they can be independant and live their lives. May angels watch over all our kids as they begin their adult lives without Mom and Dad by their side everyday! hugs to you and Kim
That brought tears to my eyes Julie I'm so relieved you are still planning a graduation party and not something else. Please give my love to Kim and right now feel a great big warm hug around you from me. I love you!!
So glad everything turned out alright! Tell her we love her. Love you guys too :)
Wow- that was amazing to hear your thoughts and feelings. I feel so blessed right now to be able to have my family here safe and sound. I am sooo glad that they were all ok. You guys are an amazing family. Thank you for your example. I am glad that things turned out the way that they did. What a scary thing. Love you all so much.
I'm so glad that she was ok. Your post got me all weepy. I'm grateful for the reminder to love your children and not to sweat the small stuff!
Post a Comment