I feel like I am living with an "angel". Kim skimmed heavens door, ever so slightly...she could have easily been on the other side right now looking down on me...it puts things into perspective and makes me once again appreciate every single day and every single moment. I find myself watching her more intently, soaking in her smile, her laugh and her countenance...I find myself crying uncontrollably sometimes, from out of no where...because I am so thankful for today, for yesterday and for tomorrow...that I still have her here with us.
No one ever knows what tomorrow will bring...tomorrow is in uncharted territory...and sometimes the things that happen are out of our control...but I don't want to live with any regrets. I hope to make my "today's" count a little bit more...
I'm living with an attitude of gratitude and once again, I can't help but be thankful that I was able to go to graduation and watch my sweet daughter receive her diploma. I can't help but feel gratitude for the knowledge that she has obtained through experiences both "in and out of school". I am thankful for her accomplishments and for the strength and determination that she has to live life to the fullest . She is truly a light and example to many...She's going to go far in this life as she moves on toward the next chapter, the next phase of her life and toward fulfilling her dreams and goals.
She's here for a reason. She is here because she has many things left to do, so many people's lives yet to touch and so much to achieve. She is here because her time is not yet finished here upon the earth!
Experiences like this, like the "what if's", the "could have's, might have's, and "glad they didn't happen", kind of moments, make me want to spend more time with my children, with my family and the people that mean the most in my life...These moments make all my messes, the laundry, the scrubbing and all of my daily, mundane chores...look so much less important. These kind of things make me forget all that meaningless work for awhile...even if it is only for a little while.
Kim and Halle and I went to dinner on Thursday, and I did just that...I forgot all of the work that I needed to do and I spent time completely and fully enjoying 2 of my daughters. We went to dinner and enjoyed a little time together, time that I wouldn't trade for anything. The dishes were still here, the laundry was still in piles, the spills were still on the kitchen floor...my carpets weren't vacuumed, the bathroom didn't get cleaned...and yes, the company arrived Friday after graduation just as planned...messes and all. BUT I did what I thought was most important, and thats what will make a difference in the end.
Today, I am thrilled and very happy that I've had another one graduate from High School...not because I am ready for her to leave the nest, because I'm not...but because of the crazy events of this past week and had things been slightly different, I might not have seen my sweet little girl walk in her graduation gown and throw her cap into the air...but thankfully, I did.
I got to see my daughter graduate with her class, the class of 2010!
You can call it what you want...I call it a precious gift...a miracle...to have my daughter here...
and I love her dearly!





0 comments:
Post a Comment