"Rock a bye baby...in the tree tops...when the winds blow the cradle will rock, when the bow breaks the cradle will fall....and down will come baby...cradle and all"......
...and thats just what happened!
I was sad to see that our little "bird family" got shaken up,
and their home blown away, similar to Dorothy's in the Wizard of OZ.
"Gary and Gloria" were no where to be seen as their little
house made of sticks and straw came tumbling to the ground...along with their hopes
and dreams of 2 little baby birdies.
Oh the cruelty of Mother Nature and her wrath....THE wrath THAT I call "WIND!"
Its often a destroyer of my plans, my day...and just recently, my week. It brings in the cold, the storms and wrecks havoc on things that I like to do. The weather always seems to get in the way of
doing things outside. If it's not one thing, its another...isn't that the way it goes?!
The wind has been blowing something fierce for the past week. I am wondering if
Summer will ever come. I was looking at pictures that I took last year at this time...
.....they sure look alot different from this year!!
1. I had peas....it's been too cold this year, I didn't even get any planted
2. I had lilacs...this year I barely have leaves on my lilac bushes. There are a few little buds poking out and playing peek-a-boo...but I don't think I'm going to see anything like this for my MAY 2010!
3. Todd and Dana's crab apple tree was in full bloom....THIS year....the tree is just barely leafing out!
It makes me SO sad!! I feel like I've missed out on an important part of enjoying the Spring/Summer...the pretty flowers, the blossoms and the joy of playing in the dirt....I hope it's not a sign of things to come. I NEED a SUMMER more than you could ever know. I NEED the heat, I NEED the sunshine, I NEED the colors of green, red, yellow and blue, I NEED the lazy days of playing in the mud and dirt and watching things grow...I KNOW I AM I am being GREEDY, I am begging for it ALL...Please Mother Nature...just give me this one wish, the wish of many months of Summer?!





0 comments:
Post a Comment