Having the kids start school again brings me mixed emotions every year. I am not a fan of school schedules, homework, WAY TOO busy kids and the coming on of Fall and Winter...but its fun to see the kids in their new "school clothes" on their very first day back to school. Its fun to see each of them with their new hair cuts (ONE young man didn't get one this year...mom failure). Its fun to see the enthusiam and excitement on their faces for ONE day (because thats all it lasts at my house...day 2 isn't fun for any of us) and to have them actually get up ON TIME for one day.....you see at my house, its all about the FIRST day of school, but the fun ends there. After that, its just "back to SCHOOL", and thats never fun!
I DID get pictures of my 2 munchkins before they headed out the door on their first big day back!
I can't believe that there are only 2 of my youngsters left at home...and that those 2 cute little faces are growing up to be teenagers (right smack dab in the middle of it actually)!....its crazy how fast they grow up.
Is it wrong to wish they were all little again? I wonder if I knew then what I know now, would I have wished away those "little" years?...I'm pretty sure that I would have cherished those years a bit more and for a little longer....







1 comments:
I am with you....I am not a big fan of the return to school, schedules, fall, etc. I also wish my kids were little again (they are 19 and 16). Little kids, little worries...big kids, big worries. :-) I guess I cannot stop time.
Post a Comment