Sunday, September 19, 2010

ChIcken?...I don't think so!

After starting a bucket list with 75 things that I wanted to do before I die, I am officially down to 68. I get to cross one more thing off of my bucket list this week....

....Taste Frog Legs!
Yes, you read that right...I put "taste frog legs" on my bucket list. I'm a bit of an adventurous sort of person in some aspects of my life...(others areas of my life I am not!)...I've eaten snails (Escargot) and octopus, squid (and actually loved it all) as well as many other things...so frog didn't seem all that awful to me...

Todd bought a few frog legs for himself for lunch one day last week. He then brought one for me to try because he knew that "tasting frog legs" was on my bucket list. He had eaten his and said "they weren't too bad". I have to admit, when I first saw the frog leg I thought it looked like a piece of chicken. It smelled good, so I figured it would taste good too (don't always believe what your eyes or your nose tell you...sometimes they LIE!). 



Here goes.....I bit into it not quite knowing what to expect...and started chewing...and chewing and chewing....and then I chewed some more~



yes...as you can see, it's actually IN MY MOUTH, an entire bite...I really ate it! 
BUT, the big question is:
 What did I think of it???


In this picture (yes, it's...(being the frog leg)... still in my mouth) I am debating whether to spit it out or to swallow it...
it certainly didn't taste like what  I thought it would, thats for sure!

Well, lets just say....I personally don't think that 
it tasted like chicken (everyone says that it does...but they too are lying *wink*).
 I would say that it tastes more like a rubbery, swampy tasting FISH without little bones to choke on! 
I didn't like the texture or the taste of it...and I wasn't impressed at all!

Just so you know, I did swallow the one bite that I had, that way I couldn't be considered a cheater or a wimp.  If I HAD to eat frog again (out of respect and kindness or because of utter desperation or STARVATION) I could probably do it...BUT... 
Would I choose to eat it again (thats the real question here) ? 
NO, I DON'T THINK so!!

Am I glad that I tried it? YES...because now I can officially say that I don't like FROG.

Writing up a bucket list has been one of the most fun things that I've ever set my mind to do. I have so many more things left to see and experience, things that I hope to accomplish in my life time-  and who knows, maybe I will even add on a few more as I go.

I think that everyone should have a bucket list...it adds a little "spice" and excitement in what can sometimes be a rather dull and mundane, task filled life. It has defiantly taken me out of my comfort zone, but in a good way. 

COME and hop on the band wagon and write yourself a bucket list, you won't regret it!
just take my advice...leave Frog off of your list, its NASTY!

1 comments:

KellyAnn said...

I'm afraid that even though I sell frog legs I have to agree with you. Not my favorite. I think they taste like a rubbery very fishy chicken. It is crazy though how many people come in every Friday for Frog Leg Fridays that LOVE THEM.