I don't like change...in fact change scares (borderline of terrifies) me and causes WAY too much stress in my life. I think its because in my life "change" has usually been a bad experience for me and somewhat on the "negative" side of things. Although, there are a few changes that I DO like and enjoy...one of those is when I get to buy something knew to add to my wardrobe or some decor for my house (thats change, right?!), another one is when I get to go somewhere and have a change of scenery....(especially during the winter months), a new hair style (sorry, I like my hair right now...its not changing)...and those small "update" changes that I get to do around the house periodically...like the one I just completed in my living room!....I love THAT change...woo hoo!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Facelifts aren't just for old ladies.....
Before~
After
The color on the wall is called Shimmering Green, but depending on the time of day it sort of has a yellow tinge to it...the thing I like the most about it is- its fresh, its new and its happy. I love the turquoise accents with the black and green and cream...it looks really classy (at least to me). Before~
After~
This is my favorite wall in the entire room. It's so fun to see all my families faces on the wall...and in black and white...just a clean, crisp look.
Before~
After~
I haven't painted the rug yet...but as you can see I have some leafs traced onto it, trying to decide if I want to really paint it or not...it's growing on me and I think I will give it a shot.
These are a few of the "crafts" that I put together for my "new look"...
The window frame is one that my brother gave me years ago, and I added the paper and birds in it... which I love. The sign underneath is 1/2 of an old table leaf that my son gave me, with a few added touches that I came up with. I love the way they turned out...junk just doesn't have a chance around here...I'm always trying to think of ways to make it into something fun and new.
The hat boxes were some that I had in my living room before, I just painted them and gave them a new look, then I glued them all together to make a stand for a lamp.
This is another table leaf that I got from my son...it turned out just the way I had envisioned it.
This "living room update/makeover" project turned into a lot more than I thought it was going to be, I kind of felt like I bit off more than I could chew...I am glad its done-- but I am also glad that I did it and I really like the "little facelift" that it gave to our home. Whew...now onto something else!

at
3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
LOVE IT! (and YOU!) I have always loved the way you put your house together and I absolutely love this change! I agree the colors are clean, fresh, and classy! I would say go with painting the rug... sounds fun and looks like it will add a lot! I miss you and yours... we'll have to definitely come by over Christmas! Love you!
I love your new wall color! What color is it? It is the color I have been looking for to do on my bedroom walls(if you don't mind me copying the color:)) Everything else in your living room looks great too...you're very talented.
Post a Comment