Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crazy FUN!

After last years complete "bomb" of an experience with the Holly Fair (a local craft fair) I vowed I would never participate in it again. Last year I spent countless hours in a chair sewing over 75 adult aprons and over 50 little girl aprons...and selling only a handful (literally) of my labors, it wasn't worth it...not even a little bit. I said that I was done, finished, never going to put myself out there again...THEN WHAT DID I GO AND DO?...I put myself through months of stress and long hours to do THE 2010 HOLLY FAIR.


Dayna talked me into doing it AGAIN (when I say TALKED me into it, I mean LITERALLY talked me into it) with her...but this year was a little different. All of our hard work and long hours paid off.
Some of our home decor that we sold

Dayna sitting at our booth...finally we are set up and ready to go

Our booth was a hit and we had lines (really and truly) of people waiting to get in to see what they could purchase. We got many compliments on our homemade decor and people asking if we took orders for something that they wanted to personalize.... it was so much fun.
Having a blast...in our little "cubby hole"


some more of our goods


Homemade Vintage Rosettes...some to wear on your wrists, some to wear on you're clothing

The most fun I had was just hanging out with Dayna (and Kim on Saturday), talking about life, our goals for next year and what we were going to make for Thanksgiving dinner (we sat there for many hours...missing meals...and we were starving).

We laughed a lot, talked a lot and SOLD a lot. We literally sold out of almost everything we had. We went home with only a few of things...which made our clean up quick and simple. We were done and out of our booth in a matter of minutes when it was taking some of the other people hours, I am sure, to clean up their booths. Thank you to all of our friends and family that came and supported us at the Holly Fair this year (and to those of you who bought before the Holly Fair). It was fun to see so many of you there...some of you it's the only time I get to see you all year. I think we'll plan on having a booth in 2011...although I am getting an earlier start this year and hopefully eliminate some of the stress.

3 comments:

Jack and Daynalee said...

Yay! It's in writing which means you totally have to do it! It was seriously SO much fun this year. I absolutely loved it. Thanks for letting me talk you into it!

Sommer Time Farm said...

You guys did an awesome job! And your stuff was so cute. I can see why you sold out-I wanted to buy a ton more:) Looking forward to seeing what you do next year.

Melanie said...

How fun! I'm glad you did it again and that it went well. That stuff is way cute!