Sunday, November 14, 2010

Did it AGAIN~

Looking at the wall in the dining room that I just finished painting...the color is called "Autumn Abundance" it's a cooper/orangish color, sorry that the pictures make it look more red..it's not. 

Looking into the upper part of the hall...a nice tan color called "Gaucho"..I love how the 2 of the colors look together.

I've been wanting to paint the walls in my kitchen and a wall in the hall of my dining room for quite some time now...SO I finally pulled out the paint rollers and brushes and did that "painting thing" again (I was putting it off because I had just finished my living room not to long ago and I wasn't really wanting to do it all again).
Looking UP the hall from the dining room

Looking up the hall into the living room. 

The kitchen wall above the sink...LOVE that wall. 


 I have to say that I am very pleased at the way it turned out and I am glad that I chose the colors that I did because they are just what the rooms needed.
Looking UP the hall from the living room

I didn't think that I would ever say this BUT I am a bit tired of painting, re-decorating and cleaning up big messes....so for the time being I have put away my rollers and plastic drop cloths and paint cans. I love the end result and finished look after a successful painting experience....BUT the process isn't my favorite thing to do. NOW onto getting the Christmas decor up....I am one of those weird people that has to have all of mine up BEFORE THANKSGIVING...I am hoping that by the end of the week it will all be up, then I can sit back and enjoy it,as well as the new paint on the walls...so I guess my work of cleaning up messes isn't quite finished yet, but the good new is...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Ooohh! I love that autumn abundance color! Very nice! And I totally know what you mean about the actualy process...it's a pain. I've been wanting to re-do Winston's room because I don't like that color, but I don't like doing it more than I don't like the color and so I am putting it off. Maybe next Spring?

Great job! It looks awesome!

And I want to put up my Christmas stuff right now...but Sam's making me wait until Thanksgiving. (Sigh...)