As I child I had a HUGE list of things that I wished I never had to do...things like "Wash the dishes, fold the laundry, feed the animals, weed the garden, go to school, eat peas, clean my room"...you know, the same list that everyone has. But now that I've grown up, those things aren't really on that list anymore. I still don't LOVE to do all of them, but I don't mind doing them either...actually there are a few that I enjoy-like cleaning (I actually enjoy the RESULT more than the process...but it's not bad either). Being an adult, I have a whole NEW list of "Don't want to do's"....
...and here are my
Top 3 things that I wished I never had to do~
Number 1 on my list is.....
Exercise! Now wait a minute...don't get me wrong, I want ALL THE BENEFITS that come from exercising, I just don't want to HAVE to do it anymore. I want to be able to be in tip top shape (ummm...I'm not EVEN there after I exercise like a work horse), be slim and trim (ummm...not there EITHER!) and be able to eat whatever I choose to, WHENEVER I choose to....so see, what I really want is to "have my cake and eat it to", so to speak!
Yes, I would like to never have to exercise again if I didn't want to, but still reap all the good rewards that eventually come from exercise.
Number 2 on my list is.....
Shave my legs! There again...I want to have clean shaven legs...but I don't want the hassle of doing it! It's an inconvenience and always has to be done when I am in a hurry to get ready...Yes, I realize there are procedures that can be done to make this wish come true but it's a bit on the pricey side and there are other things I would prefer to do with that money (ha ha ha...if I had the money in the first place)...so until then, I will continue to shave my legs and wish that I never had to again.
Number 3 on my list is.....
Clean the Bathroom! I am one that really doesn't mind cleaning. It's actually quite rewarding when its all done because I love a clean house, tidy rooms and fresh smells. When I was young and living at home my sister and I had this deal during the summer months...she would help mom with all the canning (because I DESPISE canning) if I would clean the house so she didn't have to help with that! It was a killer deal and I couldn't have asked for anything better, that is until I was in cleaning the bathroom....the one place I HATE to clean. Maybe it's the smells (heaven knows there are plenty of foul smells in there), maybe it all the hair lurking about (gag, gag...I have a thing with hair...it makes me gag, literally) maybe it's the "pee" that has ran down the side of the toilet from boys that don't have very good aim, maybe its just the thought of the MILLION'S of GERMS that lurk in that part of the house...or maybe its all of that and more. Need-less-to-say the bathroom is my least place to clean in the entire house and when I do it, it's certainly a labor of love. I thoroughly enjoy a clean bathroom, the sparkle of the sink and tub, the shiny tile and the spotless mirror...and the ODORLESS toilet... so YES I CLEAN my bathrooms on a regular basis but it's not something I look forward to or enjoy in the least. I wished I never had to clean my bathrooms again...but I also wished that someone else would do it for me, so that I could continue to reap the benifits of a clean bathroom.
Clean the Bathroom! I am one that really doesn't mind cleaning. It's actually quite rewarding when its all done because I love a clean house, tidy rooms and fresh smells. When I was young and living at home my sister and I had this deal during the summer months...she would help mom with all the canning (because I DESPISE canning) if I would clean the house so she didn't have to help with that! It was a killer deal and I couldn't have asked for anything better, that is until I was in cleaning the bathroom....the one place I HATE to clean. Maybe it's the smells (heaven knows there are plenty of foul smells in there), maybe it all the hair lurking about (gag, gag...I have a thing with hair...it makes me gag, literally) maybe it's the "pee" that has ran down the side of the toilet from boys that don't have very good aim, maybe its just the thought of the MILLION'S of GERMS that lurk in that part of the house...or maybe its all of that and more. Need-less-to-say the bathroom is my least place to clean in the entire house and when I do it, it's certainly a labor of love. I thoroughly enjoy a clean bathroom, the sparkle of the sink and tub, the shiny tile and the spotless mirror...and the ODORLESS toilet... so YES I CLEAN my bathrooms on a regular basis but it's not something I look forward to or enjoy in the least. I wished I never had to clean my bathrooms again...but I also wished that someone else would do it for me, so that I could continue to reap the benifits of a clean bathroom.
"Oh if wishes were fishes...we would all have a good fry"
-author unknown





0 comments:
Post a Comment