Its PROM time again! I can't believe that I have another one old enough to be going to the Prom...my youngest son to be exact! Its always fun to see "who asks who" and what unique ways the boys come up with to ask the girls and then to see the fun ways that they girls always answer the boys.
Cameron asked this sweet girl that he has known since he was born...I won't reveal her name to protect her identity (*wink*). To ask her, he gave her a 25 lb. bag of flour with a note on it...more or less it said that he was asking her to go to the prom but to find out who "HE" was she would have to look in the "flour" because thats where the answer to that question was. Prior to him giving her the flour he opened up the large bag and put tons of candy inside with it....making her think that they answer might be in one of the wrappers. BUT he also had her brother (Cam's best friend) in on it. Cam had given his friend a rose with a note that said something like, "Opps, I spelled "flower" wrong, Will you go to prom with me? From Cam"...(this would be given to her after she had search the bag feverishly and had given up) The real "Flower" is where the answer was....not in the big bag of cooking flour ( I am sure I can't explain this as cute as it really was, especially since I didn't help him come up with the idea...he talked with his older brother and they came up with it). This poor, sweet, worried girl sifted through the flour, literally, for hours trying to find out who was asking her to prom. I think she went through it several times and of course the NAME of WHO was asking her wasn't even there...the next morning (yes really) her brother gave her the rose with Cam's name...
THEN CAME TIME for her to ANSWER Cam.
She made an adorable chocolate cake with fondant and homemade roses on top!
It was beautiful, to pretty to eat!!!
We took the flowers off and put them in the fridge so he could eat them later (ha ha ha).
Cam had to look "inside" the cake to find the answer of whether she would go with him or not~
He peeled back the fondant...and began to cut the cake~
As he cut, he hit something with his knife...pulled the cake apart and found a small metal bowl.
Inside the bowl he found a note and many, many red jolly ranchers....
The note read, "Cinnamon is red but strawberry is too,
if there is more cinnamon I'll go to prom with you".
So then began the tedious work of tasting all of the jolly ranchers to see what flavor they were. After just a few he smiled and said...."my tasters are beginning to think they all taste the same".
He finished tasting them all and discovered that there
was an even number of cinnamon and strawberry jolly ranchers.
He was bummed and convinced that he had missed one somewhere so he went about tasting them all again. AND once AGAIN they came out with an even number.
He started thinking that the extra one must be hidden in the cake, so he proceeded to "TEAR" the cake apart. I told him (yes, I was in on the plan) that it was
probably a "TASTE" that was hidden in a piece of the frosting (I wanted him to eat the entire cake...ha ha ha) . So he started eating handfuls of frosting and cake. It didn't take long before he said "Mom, I'm going to throw up"...
so he went and laid down on the bed and waited for his stomach to settle.
I went in his room and asked if I should just throw the cake away or what. He said "Nooooo", and he came back in and ate some more...pretty soon he said he just couldn't eat anymore. Unbeknown to him, I had a note that was given to me, to give to him after he had reached his wits end...(I guess he'd reached that point).
The note said, "Hmmm...Were the Jolly Ranchers even? I think so!!! Maybe you should check the "FLOURS" on top of the cake." He quickly tore the flours apart to find another "Cinnamon" jolly rancher hidden deep inside of one, after which he smiled and said, "I knew it all along. MOM, YOU were just trying to make me eat that entire cake before you gave me that note weren't you?"....
I just smiled.
He was really excited to find the mystery "cinnamon jolly rancher" and
to find out that her answer is YES~
Crazy, fun times make great memories that last a life time!





0 comments:
Post a Comment