Cleaning is something that I enjoy...I know, its a tad bit weird, but thats okay- I've never claimed to be normal. Sometimes I don't like the "every day cleaning" like the laundry, the dishes, the tidying up...only because it doesn't stay looking nice for very long (an hour...maybe) but I love to DEEP clean. I love the scrubbing of grime, the wiping down of dust and cobwebs and the organizing part of it. I love the feeling I get when I get to look at things all put neatly in a row, stacked and in order. I like the clean smell, the polished look and the feeling of accomplishment. I love that I get to enjoy it day in and day out...and its especially nice when I know its going to remain "CLEAN" for a long period of time.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Cinderella learned a lesson~
A few weeks ago I decided to dive into a few of my cupboards for some DEEP CLEANING. They were at the "HAVE TO CLEAN POINT"... opening the cupboard doors had become something that we all dreaded to do because it was to the point of "OPEN at your own risk", as things "may or may not" come tumbling out onto you. I had been wanting to get some really cool clear plastic jars with nice screw on lids to put all of my spices, sugars and baking goods in. I saw some fancy ones on a craft blog with some awesome vinyl lettering on them (I LOOVVVVED THEM)... telling whats inside (yes, even though you can SEE through the clear plastic, very UP TO DATE and cool)...BUT never found them within my price range (FREE). So I put off my organization task for...hmmmmm lets see..... YEARS! FINALLY, I decided that its ridiculous for me to put money into something that- FIRST of ALL, NO ONE but me will see and- SECOND OF ALL when I would rather spend that money else where...like on stuff to FILL THE JARS. SO...I got resourceful and used all of those empty plastic containers from my cottage cheese, yogurt and sour cream that I had sitting about in my "Tupperware/Gladware" cupboard. I labeled each container with some good ol' pieces of white scrap paper and wrote the contents with a sharpie marker. I know, its been done for years...I'm not the first to think of such an ingenious idea...but in a world where being "cheap" is often frowned upon unless you can be cool and hip about it, I thought I would do it anyway... and thats what makes it so fantastic. I did it and didn't care that it wasn't expensive or cool. My project turned out great, I accomplished the task I had set out to do...everything is tidy and neat up in my cupboard and I don't get pounded with bags of powdered sugar and walnuts every time I open the cupboard doors. That was the purpose in WHY I wanted to organize and clean the cupboards out anyway, it wasn't about having fancy looking content jars (okay...at first it was, but then I figured out the real purpose in my cleaning escapade). I just lost focus for a short time--glad I was industrious and used what I had. I do have to say it looks pretty nice when I open up the cupboards and I can see what I have, (even though at first glance someone might think I am stocking up on dairy products and storing them in the wrong spot). I can open a container,use its content and put it back in nicely without having to "hurry and shut the doors" before it comes barreling down on me.


Moral of my story..."Cool is AS COOL DOES!"
My containers are pretty "COOL" because they do what I need them
to do and didn't cost me a penny...
and thats pretty "cool" to me!

at
5:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment