Its 4 AM but I've actually been up since 3 AM. I woke up, having nightmares, three different times during the night. Finally with the last one I just decided to crawl out of bed and get my mind busy doing something else besides DREAMING HORRIBLE dreams... so I ate a few things to get my body moving, like eating these YUMMY treats (which I am totally in love with)!!......
...and I made bread, which will be 100% cooked and done by 7:00AM!
...and I completed a load of laundry and cleaned the kitchen!
Growing up I was plagued with nightmares, frequently waking up screaming or in tears with my heart pounding. They weren't ever the same dream...just awful, scary things that my mind would play out like an awful horror film, while I slept. I always thought that "when I grew up" I would outgrow the terrible curse of "nightmares"....BUT alas, I am here to tell you that I didn't...they still haunt my sleep from time to time, causing me to awake suddenly in tears, sweating and even screaming. I have to be careful about what I think, read or watch on television before I go to bed- because so often it's played out in a "horrific way" while I try to sleep. Some might say..."Gosh, I wished I had that problem, I could get so much done if I got up that early", but honestly...I would much rather be sleeping, enjoying a night of slumber, like the rest of the world. BUT for today....I will march on, accomplishing the tasks at hand, trying to wear myself out so that when I hit the pillow my body will be so exhausted that I can just fall fast asleep and enjoy some much needed rest...UNTIL then, I will just keep on moving-like the "Energizer Bunny".....Because THIS EARLY BIRD needs to get the worm!





2 comments:
I'm sorry Julie - that's terrible. However, I do want to come over and eat some of that yummy bread!
My husband has the same problem, however he doesn't wake up totally, but instead thinks they are real and acts them out. You don't know how many times I've been kicked out of bed because he thought there were snakes or trap doors in the bed!
The early bird does get the worm! I wish I woke up at your house to fresh bread!
I stumbled across your blog awhile ago (your bag of flour story) And have been following you since! I really enjoy reading. Keep up the great work
Xoxo,
Corrine
www.i-think-in-pink.blogspot.com
Post a Comment