Sunday, May 15, 2011

Opps...did it again~

Remember last October (yes, I realize that was only 7 months ago)
when I painted my living room...giving it a "springy" new look?
The walls were a "Spring Green" and the room had pops of teal here and there...
...I thought I loved it...and I DID, I really DID~
But after awhile, I lost interest in the color...it wasn' t "homey" and left me feeling
like I was sitting in someone else's living room, not my own. SO.....


I pulled out the paint and gave my living room ANOTHER MAKE OVER~
a much "WARMER" new look...something that was more ME.
The main wall is now a LEATHER BROWN and the other 3 walls are a
TOASTED SESAME (tanish color).
I absolutely love how it turned out!!! I couldn't be more pleased!
With the help of a very warm day, open windows and a slight breeze (dries paint in a jiffy)...I completed this project, painting and all, in a matter of 6 hours- from start to finish.
The pops of teal stayed because I LOVE THEM...and didn't tire of them at all. BUT I added a few little pops of yellow here and there...which is so fun and fits my personality
as well as my likes...they are perfect for me!



I found these funky little owls at Target...although they were not so cute when I bought them. They were a little "animated" for me...so I pulled out some old textured RUSTY BROWN paint that I had and sprayed them down. I think they turned out quite adorable if I do say so myself. They yellow bird in the back was a Dollar Tree find...they were a bit "nautical" but it wasn't anything that a can of yellow spray paint couldn't fix...what would I do without my trusty KRYLON paint?!!!

Don't you just love what I found at the DI for $5.00? Its much more adorable
in person...but it is still pretty cool in a picture. Its a heavy stone mirror, adorned with gold trim. Whomever disposed of it...I thank you! Its made its way into a good home and I would have to
say its one of my favorite home decor items now!
I made this window frame and added the homemade wreath...which made for a perfect accent to my wall~ Woo Hoo!!!!
I painted a few of the balls from my "October living room re-do" to go with my NEW look....a brown ball and a yellow ball...added to the cream and teal ones,
make for perfectly new table table decor.

I am feeling more at home in my own house now...EVERYONE in the family loves it. We all agreed that the green was fun, bright and cheerful...but none of us were sad to see it go.
Once again...our house feels like OUR HOME!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love love LOVE it! The new colors, the little owls and birds, mirror--all of it! Looks great!

Megan said...

You and Dayna are amazing... that's all I have to say! I am seriously coming to both of you when I have a house to decorate!

Sommer Time Farm said...

LUV IT!! You're so talented and have great taste :)