I took a "break" last weekend and went to the city to visit my daughter and her husband for a few days. It was so much fun. We laughed and visited and went garage sale shopping, talked about crafts that we want to make, ate great food and played with their puppy ANN. I had a wonderful weekend and had a great time visiting my long lost children. It was bitter sweet to head back home....sad because I would miss my kids and my break, but I was also looking forward to getting back home to my hubby and kids that I had left behind for a few days.
After a LONG drive of 35 mph speeds...I finally drove out of the orange cones and back onto "even pavement", double lanes and a place to pull over and stretch my tired legs. I got out and walked around a bit... admiring this favorite spot of mine, one that I have adored for many years. My pictures don't do it justice...but its a gem of a spot and I think it would be so much fun to live down there amongst the cows, the green fields and the wide open space...even if it was only for a weekend here and there...I would love it!



The river, of course, was "ROARING" and loud as it rushed over the rocks....
...and the wild flowers were blooming everywhere, yellow ones, red ones, purple and pink ones...
The desert is in full bloom and I am once again reminded of what a beautiful place I live in.
Yes, the snow that we've had definitely has given us a "greener" and more colorful
look to our desert this year...!





2 comments:
I have always loved that little ranch too! I always tell John we should find someplace like that:)
I keep hearing about all the flooding and I am amazed! I remember the river being really high one year when I was in high school, but even then it wasn't like "the year 1983" (or something) that my parents talk about. I'd love to see it all!
:) I, too, love that little ranch. Your picture made me homesick to see it. :)
Post a Comment