Living in a small town I've had the opportunity to get to know many people whom I claim as family even though we are not related by blood. I've grown to love and adore many children in our area as well...claiming many (along side my own adorable children, of course) to be my own. I coached our high school drill team for 7 years and grew to love each and every girl that I taught. I claim them as my own daughters, having experienced many up's and down's in their lives both on AND off the gym floor. They each grew a special place in my heart and I treasure the time I've had with all of them. I've taught many different classes in our church, some have given me the opportunity to get to know and love the children and youth in our area, many whom I have watched grow up to have families of their own. I am so grateful for the people in our area that have raised such wonderful children and have allowed me to be a part of their lives too.
We have lived in the same house for over 20 years. We've seen neighbors come and go and even seen some come back again. We are some of the few "old timers" that have stuck around our little neighborhood and buried our roots deep into the ground. Several years back we had some neighbors move in next door. They had 3 adorable little boys at the time, and have since added 1 more to the crew. From the time they moved in, I feel in love with these little guys. They were so sweet, so lovable and just genuinely great kids....and seriously so stinkin cute, who wouldn't love them?! We "adopted" them right into our family and quickly became "Aunt Julie and Uncle Deron". They come over almost daily- to hang out, play cars, swing on the swings, jump on the tramp and eat treats. They are so much fun!! Our sweet little neighbor girl, Kloee, that lives just down the street, asked me one day if I would be her "aunt" too? She is adorable. I was honored that she wanted to be in our little adopted family too. She comes over frequently as well. Sometimes just to visit and hang out and other times she comes over and helps me with whatever I am doing. I love my little adopted nephews and niece, they make me smile....ALOT! The other day, Jackson and Kloee came over for a visit. We visited and read stories and THEN IT STARTED to POUR!!! Talk about a down pour...it rained and rained and rained!!! It came down fast and hard!
...making puddles everywhere.
SINCE we've had rain off and on for weeks, and a very wet winter,
the water has a hard time soaking into the ground....therefore I found
it running down my garage stairs and even some running down the wall of my
basement storage room...all of which left me feeling a bit un-easy.
I watched it carefully, but decided since it wasn't an EMERGENCY quite yet
I would mix up some cookies and let the kids decorate them.
What a better way to wait out a rain storm...right?!
Jackson and Kloee had a blast.
They decorated a cookie specifically for each member of their family.
It was so cute watching and listening to them as they discussed who got what
cookie and WHY they made that cookie the way they did for that particular
family member. They put a lot of thought and "sprinkles" into their cookies.
Some of their cookies had a FEW sprinkles and then
some had even a few more sprinkles...some had a little bit of frosting
and others had piles of it...it was hilarious!
We decorated cookies until the rain stopped...and then the kids
wanted to run home to share their treats with their families.
Its so fun being an "adopted Aunt"!





0 comments:
Post a Comment