Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Taking Cover~


*Note....forgive some of the blurry pictures, a few of them were taken from my window...which for some reason made them a bit blurry~

After having a beautiful sun shine filled day,
the rain hit hard and heavy last night, leaving a pond in front of my house,
and forcing everyone to take cover!


The water slowly crept up my driveway and on my lawn~

I don't know if I've ever seen the rain come down that hard...and that heavy!
It was so heavy that I couldn't see the hills that are just behind the house.

Rain like that makes "EVERYONE" take cover...including this VERY LARGE
June BUG who landed on my window screen to get out of the down pour....needless to say, I took his picture THEN I
flipped him off to find a better place to perch...sorry bug lovers, I am not a fan of them!

The awful storm left many areas close by at the mercy of flash flooding. Many roads are washed out, homes are flooded and people are cleaning up this morning....wish Mother Nature would settle down a bit, it seems she is full of a lot of hate and anger and is determined to cause havoc in peoples lives everywhere!

0 comments: