Monday, July 4, 2011

We're off to see the Wizard.....the wonderful Wizard of OZ

Each summer the girls and I go to Vernal and watch the play at the Outlaw Trail Theater. This years production was near and dear to our "childlike" hearts, making it that much more fun to plan our summer event together. Ever since I was just a wee little one (a LONG time ago) I have loved the show "The Wizard of OZ". I watched it faithfully each and every time it was broadcast on television. As I grew up and started my own little family, I began purchasing video's (they were "the thing before DVD's" for those of you who don't remember them well) for our home library...The Wizard of OZ happened to be the first one that I bought. The kids quickly fell in love with the show and we watched it SEVERAL times a day (probably because it was ONE of only THREE video's that we owned at the time). ALL of my children grew to love this magical movie as much as I did...SO when we heard that the play that would be presented at the Outlaw Trail Theater this year was going to be The Wizard of OZ we were ECSTATIC! Kim counted down the days until we would be attending. We called my mom and invited her to go with us and thought it would be fun to have grandma along too...it was such a fun night! We ended up running into one of my brothers and his family there as well, so we got to spend the evening with them too. It was awesome!!!

We arrived an hour early for the play because I was worried that we might not get a good seat (ha ha ha...we were the very 1st ones in the theater). We bought our tickets, placed our blankets on our chairs and went wandering until it was time for the play to start. There is a museum full of "OLD" antiqueish like stuff right next to the theater so we decided to check it out....WOW, I seriously wished I had some of that amazing "JUNK" to decorate my home with. I love antiques and this place was full of them!!!
We found and OLD toilet that people used before they actually had indoor plumbing....I don't know how I would feel about having ONE of those STINKY THINGS in my house...after much thought, I think I would rather just have an outhouse vs. one of these "make shift toilets".....don't think I could stand to empty it...UHG!!!!
Kim found a "guy" with a HORSE SKIN coat...among other things, it was itchy and heavy. I am glad that we don't have to wear coats of fir. I prefer my artificial filled ones made with synthetic fabrics...the kind that don't smell and are easily washed. The museum was filled with a lot of really interesting things...some of those old antiques I remembered seeing at my grandparents homes, which brought back many fun memories for me.

After our wandering for 45 minutes or so.....it was TIME for the play to begin!
It was awesome! I thought the acting was great, the scenery and special effects that they used were fantastic...I LOVED it and so did my mom and the girls. We had such a fun evening. Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for next years production!

0 comments: