Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rose Colored Glasses~

When I was a little girl I had a book about a cow
that wore "rose colored glasses" and everything
she looked at through these glasses had a pink tint to it....
(I won't elaborate on the story...as I am sure it would bore you, but it was a CUTE
story and one of my favorites)...NOW, whenever I look at a sunrise or sunset
I think of that story...because the beauty of a rising or setting sun, always
has that gorgeous pink, purple or orange tint to it.

I think that sunsets are one of the most beautiful creations that
we've been blessed with. I've seen many in my life, and there is just nothing quite like watching the sun go down. One of my most memorable sunsets was one that I saw in Hawaii as it set over the ocean...(you should add that to your bucket list...its a must DO for everyone)
BUT....
having said that, I don't know that it was any more beautiful than the ones
I get to experience right here at home...looking out my window or from my back yard!
...they don't cost money to see, you don't have to be anywhere elite or secluded to see them...
you just have to be observant and in the right place at the right time~
...we were just lucky enough to be on the road traveling home from a family party
when the sun started to set in the west about a week ago...I felt blessed to be out driving at the
time the sun was going down, otherwise I probably would have been home and too busy
to notice this gorgeous sight!
I'm so glad I live where I can see the sun come up,
watch the sun go down and to be able to count the stars
twinkling in the sky....what a beautiful place I get to live!

0 comments: