Labor Day weekend seems to be the last "HOORAY" for everyone...a close to the summer and a beginning of cold evenings, a warm bowl of chili and over sized sweatshirts! I for one want to drag on my "sandal wearing, warm nights, mosquito biting, hot sweaty....LONG DAYS" for as long as possible! SO for Labor Day we drove up to one of my favorite spots, "Mirror Lake" for a little fishing and a fun little picnic........can I just say that MOTHER NATURE decided to let me know that she was the boss (as if I didn't already know that) and she brought "autumn" in for a visit while we were picnicking...it WAS chilly! BUT we made the best of it and threw on our jackets faked like we were WARM (actually, I think hubby and Cam WERE warm...it was just me and girls that thought it was a little nippy outside).
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Mountain Music....
...we walked around the lake (finding the warm SUN on the east side of the lake was the best!)
We laughed and chatted...afterall, thats what family trips
are all about....AND that is why I asked everyone to PLEASE LEAVE THEIR
ELECTRONICS AT HOME...that way WE could chat
as a family without the distractions of texts, email, internet, music and phone calls. It was a
really NICE, uninterrupted little day trip!
(I suggest that everyone tries that once in awhile...
its surprising what you can learn about each other when you actually talk)
Kim...pointing at the jumping fish~
...Cam baiting his hook so he CAN catch those jumping fish~
We bought a bucket of chicken and some side's at KFC for our family picnic...
No hassle...and yummy food...my kind of picnic!

at
5:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment