Thursday, October 20, 2011

27 Dresses~

Halle needed a NICE dress for Choir..she has several "church dresses" but she needed something a little more fancy for the concerts and competitions that they have. So on Monday, she and I headed to the city to search for the "perfect dress". I came to the conclusion that the clothing designers think that if you choose to wear a dress (for any occasion) you must have a money tree growing in your back yard. MOST of the dresses that we saw were over $100, some even $150+ (yes, for JUST a simple dress...NOT a formal or elegant dress either) which just made me want to hurl! If I would have had more time, I would have taken the route of sewing Halle a dress...but time is something that I just don't seem to have these days...so purchasing one was our only option. I was having sticker shock as we continued to pull each tag and check the price, dress after dress, after dress. I couldn't help thinking "I could sew that for so much cheaper"!...oh well~

We finally found several that were within our price range, as well as ones that Halle liked...so the "try on" process started~

After trying on which seemed like "27 Dresses" (it wasn't, but it felt like it)
she finally came up with a few favorites.

Dress #1: a Lacy Grey Dress~
Dress #2: Purple frilly dress
Dress #3: Lacy Grey and Pink Dress
Dress #4: Tan lace "20's" looking dress
Dress #5: Blue ruffly dress


And the WINNER IS.............
(drum roll)




THE Lacy Grey and Pink Dress!
Halle loved her "semi-formal" dress and was excited to wear it to her first concert (a few nights ago). It looked really nice on her. I'm so glad that we found one that pleased her as well as ME!

3 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

She is growing up so fast(which you already know) Her dress is so pretty. Tell her we love her:)

Melanie said...

I love those dresses! The one she picked and #1 were my favorites! She looks so great in them! Where did you find all these cute dresses?

suelyn w said...

I love the dress, so cute on her! That was my favorite too