It was "HOMECOMING Week" at the high school this week which meant "BUSY" (Cameron said that "busy" was and understatement) for our 2 teenagers. Being Cameron's senior year, he decided to participate in the Homecoming KING Pageant....which meant many nights of practice, cake making, talent finding, coming up with a costume to model and everything else that goes along with this crazy, fun, busy week.
Cameron was determined to make his cake from scratch. I frowned on the idea, but only because the cake recipe that he wanted to use, often falls in the middle if you don't make it perfectly...BUT he was determined...and HE DID THE ENTIRE THING by himself, from mixing, to measuring, to baking and decorating...he did it all....I didn't touch a thing AND IT DIDN'T fall in the middle!!! He even went out to our raspberry patch to pick fresh raspberries for it! I was thrilled with the way it turned out. It was a masterpiece and he can forever say that it was "HIS"(and HIS ALONE) masterpiece! Someday his wife will be grateful that he is such a master chef (he really is an awesome cook)!!!
the finished cake~
my little man hard at work~
his "Buttermilk Chocolate Raspberry" cake....
Congrats to my little Man!





2 comments:
Awesome!! Congrats Cam!! We love you, sorry we missed it.
How fun! Cameron was very creative! I'm glad he won! Congrats to him!
Post a Comment