(This years Seniors that are on the football team...a group of very athletic and talented boys)
Last week, Homecoming Week, was Cameron's last home football game. There was mixed emotions for me...some happy, but only because that means sitting out in the cold, wrapped in a blanket, wearing a hoodie, thermal socks and a coat are soon going to be a thing of the past...SAD because I love watching Cam play football. He is a MOOSE out there on the playing field, just charging after the other team, full of excitement and life. He's one of the sweetest, most considerate, kind people I know...but get him out on the football field and he turns into an animal! He is so much fun to watch! I am sad that he's a senior and that this is his last year at home...that always tugs at my heartstrings and makes all the "lasts" sort of like their "firsts"...you know, the ones that you are "so excited for", like when they start to walk, their first word, their first smile etc.... but "sad that your baby is growing up" kind of first?! That's the way "the lasts" experiences with my kids are for me, I'm excited to see them and experience them, but sad that my baby is growing up!!
Cameron loves his football and has enjoyed this last year on the field. He's been able to get a lot of playing time and has had some awesome plays. I'm going to miss him...football just won't ever be the same for me after this year is finished!





0 comments:
Post a Comment