Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Humble blessingS~

Its been a week of blessings at my house! This past weekend my hubby took a little trip to the city. He was driving down the canyon when someone on the opposite side of the road decided to pass an extra long semi pulling a "pup". Evidently the person either didn't realize they didn't have enough room to pass before Deron passed OR they thought they could just gun it and make it OR they just weren't paying attention at all. As they got closer and closer to Deron, he could see that the outcome wasn't going to be good, he either had to run off the road and wreck or he was going to hit head on with this truck that was coming toward him. "Something" wouldn't let him swerve off the road...so he kept heading toward what he knew would end in death. Just when they were going to hit, the OTHER vehicle went off the road,on Deron's side...IF Deron would have swerved and gone off the road THE two vehicles would have collided! Because he didn't, both vehicles and all the people involved were safe....a little shaken up, but safe. I am grateful that Deron listened and did what he was prompted to do. I am grateful this day and this holiday season I still have my husband here with me!!!


I woke up this morning bright and early to wake the kids for school...just like I do every day. As I went into my daughters room I could smell something burning...plastic burning. It was a very strong smell that permeated her room. At first I thought it was maybe her curling iron that was left plugged in and had melted something, then I thought maybe it was a florescent light that had burnt out (because they put off a strong "burning" smell too)...but then I looked over by the side of her bed to see that her fan, used to keep her cool during the night, had melted. Sometime during the night it had stopped working. The cord, as well as the plastic around the motor had gotten hot and melted. It was still melting when I unplugged it. I feel very blessed this morning that she, as well as the rest of us were protected by a loving Father in Heaven during the night. I'm so grateful that our home is still standing instead of being in a heap of ashes. I'm grateful that we are all fine, safe and sound. I feel very humbled and very blessed that we were being watched over.

I know that the protection and blessings of safety that Deron received this weekend, as well as the blessings we received here in our home last night, aren't just something that comes from being "LUCKY"...I know that we are constantly being watched over and protected by a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for life, for my family, for my home and for the power of prayer...EVERYDAY, but especially today!

Happy ThanksGivInG...
I'm very thankful!

1 comments:

Heather Buell said...

You got me all teary eyed. It's wonderful when we can visibly see the Lord's hand in our lives. Thanks for sharing!