It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at my house...after all it IS AFTER HALLOWEEN! I spend hours, and often DAYS decorating my house for Christmas SO... I start early so that I can actually enjoy it before I have to take it down again. This year I added a FEW little changes to my Christmas decor, which I like to do every year, but this year it was more than just moving where I put things...I actually had to MAKE a few things. It started out with this window...which DIDN'T look like a 6 pane window when I started...it WAS just a great big window with a piece of glass in it.
Dayna and I went garage sale shopping during the summer and made a KILLING on a few old windows and doors...I asked the man who was having the garage sale if he had any "old window's with panes in them"...he responded that he didn't, but then told me how I could MAKE the ones that he had INTO a 4 0r 6 pane window...he told me to just epoxy molding right onto the window, after all it will be hanging on the wall and no one (except all of you) will even know... SO that's just what I did. I ADORE it and am thrilled with my THRIFTY FIND!...after hanging it up on the wall I whipped up some satin Christmas stockings and WALAA....my new Christmas Wall!
I made a another set of white lace Christmas stockings to display in my dining room...
I love how they turned out.
I am excited to have them all hanging up and "just sittin' and lookin' pretty" for the holidays!
The next craft I took on was this darling little nativity...its hard to see it with the black table runner that its sitting on...but trust me, its so stinkin cute!
Christmas is a wonderful time of year...and the only time of the year that I put up any
holiday decor...so I guess if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it big! I have 2 rooms DONE and I am debating on ONE more...hopefully it will happen this week.
Hope your holidays are starting and you can hear the Christmas Carols playing from my house...yes, they've been playing for a few weeks now too.
"Merry Thanksgiving" to you all~





0 comments:
Post a Comment