Happiness is the ultimate goal.
It is the goal of all other goals. - Deepak Chopra
As the New Year has shone her bright and cheery face...I have been contemplating life and where I want mine to lead this next year (because what I do THIS year will carry on into the NEXT year and so forth). I haven't quite got all my goals and aspirations squared away in my little brain...but as soon as I do I will be jotting them down (probably not on my blog...but on paper none-the-less). When each new year rolls around I not only think about the personal changes and growth I would like to see happen in my life, but also about things I want to accomplish and get done (those little "jobs" that have been ignored for too long). I have many organization projects that I am hoping to undertake...Its funny how writing those kinds of projects down, almost always makes me feel more inclined to accomplish them. There is something about being able to see a "check mark" on a list of things that "need to get done" that just makes me giddy! I am hoping that this year I can turn those "to do" jobs into "done" jobs.
I love the idea of having goals. They thrill me. I have learned the hard way that it does me no good to "set a goal" in hopes that I might accomplish it, if I don't have any intention of really doing it in the first place. I'm just setting myself up for failure right off the bat. So I try to set goals that I really want to achieve (that are within my reach to some degree), things I've wanted and needed to do for a long time, but just needed a little motivation in getting them started. I'm a "list" kind of girl anyway, and so writing goals down is like putting a fire under my feet and is usually a sure way to get myself going and excited about the "doing part" of the goal setting process. For some reason it makes me feel there is actually a "NEED" to work on my goals (if for no other reason than just to put a "check mark" by the words I've written when I accomplish my goal...I know, call me crazy...but it works for me).
I've also been contemplating which things from my "Bucket List" I want to do this year...I figure if I don't set those as some of my goals, they most likely will never get done. I've added a few more things to my list...but figure its a good investment, I plan on living a long time and I want a stack of things to look forward to as the years creep up on me. I don't plan on sitting around in a rocking chair watching TV as the time passes...that sounds so unappealing to me. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch TV and relax with a good book, but I'm a "doing" kind of person...I WANT to EXPERIENCE things, not sit by and watch others experience them! As long as I'm physically and mentally able...I want to DO THINGS. When my body gives out...THEN I will sit and enjoy some TV.
Here's to 2012....a year of accomplishing what I set out to do, living
a happy and humble life...and working harder to be a better person.
"You may have the loftiest goals, the highest ideals, the noblest dreams,
but remember this, nothing works unless you do". - Nido Qubein





1 comments:
love your resolve to take more action! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment